• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SCOPE at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spin it general...I still put money on Comair flying the 100 seater before delta files its next bankruptcy.
Its just a few more seats...

Last edited:
No flame. I submit to you both those captains are ignorant as to what our piss poor scope is doing to them. We should not fly an aircraft smaller than an 88? Is he kidding? Guess what......the 737-700 is smaller. Ask him if we should give that to the regionals.

Well I can tell you that there are people at the regional level that have their eyes on that flying. The way we miss manage scope, that thought makes me scared.
It will be done in a 737 but a 195 or the like. If we do not get this under control, you will see it happen in the next 10 years.

The Scope problem will not be solved by the current DAL MEC as it is not in thier personal best interests. If we truley want scope fixed then WE junior DAL pilots need to fix it ourselves by voting OUT the senior widebody boys on the MEC, replace the chair and either insist National Alpa play along or we take our 12500 dues paying members elsewhere. Actually whilst we are at it, with 12500 votes...we should be able to influence National Alpa as we see fit.

In the next DALPA elections VOTE for the narrowbody FO of your choice, preferable someone with a hire date of say...post 9/11? The widebody's boys club will continue to sell our seats and scope down the river until WE vote them out of office. I'm hoping that our new brethren from up North will join in on some much needed change!!!

He pointed out that if CPZ is to be stapled onto our list, when hiring starts, we would have a tough time attracting competitive interviewees, i.e. ex-military, regional CA to come to mainline to fly a RJ, with a b scale payscale.

If the staple means folks leave their mil or regional CA job to come fly an RJ...then he may be RIGHT.
Sorry to say but it's partially true.
Now - as for not flying anything smaller than a -88 - ridiculous. However...if the smallest jet is an EMB175 or 195 with pay higher than the regionals ....you will get qualified folks.
A CRJ at regional pay will not attract ex-mil.

Last edited:
The Scope problem will not be solved by the current DAL MEC as it is not in thier personal best interests. If we truley want scope fixed then WE junior DAL pilots need to fix it ourselves by voting OUT the senior widebody boys on the MEC, replace the chair and either insist National Alpa play along or we take our 12500 dues paying members elsewhere. Actually whilst we are at it, with 12500 votes...we should be able to influence National Alpa as we see fit.

In the next DALPA elections VOTE for the narrowbody FO of your choice, preferable someone with a hire date of say...post 9/11? The widebody's boys club will continue to sell our seats and scope down the river until WE vote them out of office. I'm hoping that our new brethren from up North will join in on some much needed change!!!

Can I get an "AMEN".....can I get a "Hallelujah?"

If the staple means folks leave their mil or regional CA job to come fly an RJ...then he may be RIGHT.
Sorry to say but it's partially true.
Now - as for not flying anything smaller than a -88 - ridiculous. However...if the smallest jet is an EMB175 or 195 with pay higher than the regionals ....you will get qualified folks.
A CRJ at regional pay will not attract ex-mil.

When guys look at our size and career potential here, they will come and fly an RJ for a few years. With the attrition that starts in 2012 and does not stop for about 20 years, people will take the hit for a few years. Look at the qualified people that went to CAL with 30 bucks an hr and no medical for six months. That argument does not hold water.

The argument that if we fly them here at mainline we will price ourselves out of the market is a straw man too. Anything over 70 seats can support the mainline PWA economics.

@ The guy who says a CRJ with current regional pay will not attract ex-military?

Jesus fvcking christ what world do you live in? You really are clueless.

They are plenty of military pilots at the regionals you jackass,

You guys are arguing airplane size???? Who gives a flying fack? I'd be happy flying a Falcon 20 until the end of time if it paid well just as a 777, and had the QOL at an airline.

You guys blow my mind. You wonder why your management takes advantage of you.

KKEEEEP giving up the dream so there's nothing left. You got yours, you sons of bitches!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back