• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SCOPE at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it has jets it shouldn't be at a regional.

There is nothing regional about the ERJ, and CRJ.

19 seat commuter plane should be the limit, but keep giving up more, ****************************************.

Regional ********************ing jets are more advanced than most of your Boeing, Douglas, and Scarebus products.

Morons.

God damn you guys are clueless.

The Dash 8 Q400 is a turboprop, and it is leaps and bounds more advanced than a 737NG

Now we have age 65 so we are stuck for a few more years with the biggest rat bastards who gave away so much for so little.

someone get a chainsaw, and a pickup, lets remove some of this deadwood

hey Puffwad, yes i did my time at Comair, I have moved on to a box carrier out of Louisville. fu

I enjoyed my times flying at the regionals and now I enjoy flying at the majors. You have been on here and posted about 1000 times how you don't want to and are not trying to go to a major. BUT you are constantly on the major boards. I think the truth is that you failed and are good at speaking so you try to spin it as something different. Funny...your actions speak louder than your mouth! Keep trying to spin how it was YOUR choice. Every time you come on the major boards it is further proof that you are full of sh1t!

This is my third downturn in the airline industry....The first was in the early 90s. The second was 911. Now the mother of all economic downturns will make the first two look like a cake walk....

I decided in 2000 to roll the dice and make ASA a career.....So far it has worked out for the best...Who knows what will happen in the future.....

After 15 years in the business, including 3 downturns, I have consistently had at least 1 payraise every year, most years 2 payraises, and sometimes 3 payraises per year. Now I make 6 figures, 18 days off, and 4 weeks vacation.....I'm glad you're happy....so am I....

N813CA- 8 years these days is very common...esp in this decade. Joe is the token angry lifer, though. As they say, "He ain't right."

I'm not angry....my career has been going up every year....

I hate to admit it, but Joey's right on this one. Everyone forgets that it was the mainline guys who didn't want to fly these airplanes, thinking that "just a few turboprops won't hurt anything," and then it eventually became "it's only a few 50-seaters. What harm could it be?"

The egos and lack of foresight caused this mess. Hopefully pilots are learning their lesson about the importance of scope, but I'm not so sure.

We probably agree on more than we disagree regarding this issue.....I was doing ALPA work before you were in the business.....This is how pilots think...

Ego's in this business have created this message...I fly a fancy jet now after 15 years in the business, and I would be perfectly happy with my ATR back...

You've gotta be kidding me. Which rep said that? (email if you'd prefer not to say publicly) Have these guys still not learned their lessons after 25 years of scope erosion?

You've got to be kidding that this surprises you.....I've known this to be a belief of the mainline MECs for years....

Notice: No intention to flame...

Background: DAL mainline, junior FO, flying with 2 relatively junior CAs.(both have voted No on LOA 19) I've brought up the issue of scope during my trips this month. Let me summarize what my CA had told me:

Guy 1) Scope is only good if it'll help the company to make more money and long term viability. If he can get some sweetheart deal out of scope, he considers scope as bargaining chip. He thinks that the "little" RJ is beneath him, and it is a big time money loser (I explained to him that while it's true for the 50 seater, that "little" E-175 ain't the same money loser anymore). I brought up the latest LEC meeting authorizes to research into the matter of stabling CPZ beneath us, and he thought it's only good for the junior pilots like me, ie furlough protection, but he doesn't see the benefits to the whole pilot group.

Guy 2) He agreed that scope should be taken back, we have lost too many mainline routes to RJ. However, stabling CPZ is not the solution, it only hides it. He pointed out that RJ are not making money, and mainline pilots should not fly anything smaller than MD88. He pointed out that if CPZ is to be stapled onto our list, when hiring starts, we would have a tough time attracting competitive interviewees, i.e. ex-military, regional CA to come to mainline to fly a RJ, with a b scale payscale. He thought that our union should never allow b scale flying in mainline.

I think therein lies our problems in restoring scope. Flame away...

That has always been the position of mainline....At one time I believed it was possible to "fix" this problem...Now I realize it isn't and I need to look out for myself....

In that timeframe you described, everyone I know who went from my regional airline to Continental and United are now furloughed. This "there are circumstances that warrant spending years at a regional" attitude needs to go away. Forget spending years at a regional, for MANY pilots in todays industry, they will spend their career at the regional. It's just how it is. And unlike your thought process, not everyone wants to jump at the opportunity to be on reserve at Continental barely making $30,000 with no medical benefits for the first six months. There are plenty of regional pilots, who in their position, would be crazy to jump ship. I know plenty of Eagle Captains who won't be going anywhere. Doesn't mean they "didn't make the cut" , it just means their current QOL and time in life makes it more worth it to stay at the regional.

Well said Fly1015....Isn't it funny that those of us who don't jump at the "opportunity" to sit reserve in Newark for 30K, while paying for our own health insurance, are somehow the "problem"?

Latest resources

Back