• Start date
  • Watchers 32

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey easy on the name-calling. You know I never crossed a picket line, I was offered a chance in the early 80's at CAL. But I turned it down for the good of the profession, never went beyond the call this number. I have given to the profession my entire life; I have mentored, encouraged many to pursue their goal as a professional pilot. I have seen the CFI's go to AirTran, JetBlue, I have seen the AirNet guys to SWA, DAL, and UAL, I have seen the Zantop guys go to Airborne, ATI, and Kalitta. I have helped them reach that next step. Most will still call me for a beer when coming through YIP. I have truely lived my child hood dream. BTW I was told by my squadron ALPA buddies if I crossed the picket line my career would be ruined and I would end up working for a non-sked at KYIP. Isn’t that joke.

So in your infinite wisdom, you "I did, I donated, I have seen, I have helped, I am the they wish to have beer with I, I, I, I, I. ". Isn't that a joke? How many people have you private messaged on this board with a full account of your career travails? This post ending just evidences a bizarre bitterness that has lead you into a management position with a dementia condition bent on demonizing of the profession pilot with the likes of "high school drop-outs" do perfectly fine flying airplanes.

Through my research on this issue, I have arrived at a few basic conclusions. I think it is safe to say that being a scab is bad thing, and the potential for bad things to happen to a scab is significantly greater than if one were not scab. Regardless of the consequences of scabbing, there is a great selfishness and indifference to the collective good and the collective will when one partakes in scabbing. Personally speaking, my distaste for scabs was founded at an early age. After reading John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath and In Dubious Battle, there was no going back on the issue of labor solidarity.

Hey easy on the name-calling. You know I never crossed a picket line, I was offered a chance in the early 80's at CAL. But I turned it down for the good of the profession, never went beyond the call this number. I have given to the profession my entire life; I have mentored, encouraged many to pursue their goal as a professional pilot. I have seen the CFI's go to AirTran, JetBlue, I have seen the AirNet guys to SWA, DAL, and UAL, I have seen the Zantop guys go to Airborne, ATI, and Kalitta. I have helped them reach that next step. Most will still call me for a beer when coming through YIP. I have truely lived my child hood dream. BTW I was told by my squadron ALPA buddies if I crossed the picket line my career would be ruined and I would end up working for a non-sked at KYIP. Isn’t that joke.

You are good at sandbaggin'

Again, I'll call you out. What UAL scabs are in good standing at ALPA? I doubt there are any UAL pilots from the 1985 strike on the UAL list that are...

Oh, I think he knew it was real. He's been having great fun getting some of the more intense members here fired up. :laugh:

The problem withe the SCAB word is that it's been dumbed down the last decade or so. There's so much bottom feeding going on, one airline management is trying to outdo the next. It should be reserved for actual airline strike breakers not for Skywest or RAH pilots.

Last edited:
You are good at sandbaggin'

Again, I'll call you out. What UAL scabs are in good standing at ALPA? I doubt there are any UAL pilots from the 1985 strike on the UAL list that are...
not me? I did not post that. I only responded to another post, I knew CAL guys were dues paying members of ALPA, but was unsure about UAL.

I've been in aviation and non-aviation unions. I know two things:

Solidarity is a union's strength, and if they can't gain it by consensus, they've got no problems with coercion.

I've seen enough of unions (and management) to know that I won't judge a man for following his conscience. All are welcome on my jumpseat.

not me? I did not post that. I only responded to another post, I knew CAL guys were dues paying members of ALPA, but was unsure about UAL.

Negative, you approved of the statement....... making it your own.

If you are not sure of something why do you lead others to believe you know what you are talking about....

Just to be clear on CAL... the in house CAL union accepted the scabs as members in good standing. When ALPA took CAL pilots back, by law they had to accept all pilots in good standing, thus the scabs. If there is a scab freindly union it is the old in house CAL and the old NPA union. Not ALPA. Understood and clear? Yes or no.

As far as UAL... no scabs from the UAL strike on the UAL list are in good standing at ALPA. If you know differently advise or stand down.

I've been in aviation and non-aviation unions. I know two things:

Solidarity is a union's strength, and if they can't gain it by consensus, they've got no problems with coercion.

I've seen enough of unions (and management) to know that I won't judge a man for following his conscience. All are welcome on my jumpseat.

What do you talk about when they are on your jumpseat?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back