• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say Goodbye to MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we could all run a small operation out of CVG these days we would all have some pretty good looking numbers.

So first, Mesa runs a lousy operation. Then, when Mesa proves they do not, it is because they are cheating, when Mesa proves they are not cheating it is because they are flying out of CVG? I give up.

How do explain the fact that Mesa flies out of easy cities like ORD and IAD and JFK and BOS and EWR for United?

And how are they number one in the Airways system? What does CVG have to do with their number one status in in-flight frequent customer surveys? Why is Mesaba is last place?

Why is it so hard to just accept the facts as they are. Please, stop bashing Mesa based on your fantasy or your misguided beliefs of what Mesa used to do. They are a different company today with new operational leaders.

All of the united aircraft and Airways jets have acars, Delta does not. I agree, if out times are at the discretion of the pilot then they are suspect. But what about in times? Mesa is also leading all connection carriers in A-14 (July - December Delta stats) (also leading in in-flight service survey performance)
The 900's do not have ACARS in the Airways system ........FAIL

PS: Mesa Sucks

Mesa is no longer a poorly performing airline.

I'll have to remember that next time I'm sitting on one of their RJs, watching a mechanic duct tape a ceiling panel back in place so we can push back. (Yes, that's a true account.)

If they're pulling that kind of crap to avoid a cancellation, then yes, they are a poorly-performing airline.

So first, Mesa runs a lousy operation. Then, when Mesa proves they do not, it is because they are cheating, when Mesa proves they are not cheating it is because they are flying out of CVG? I give up.

Please explain to me how their D0 time is 7% higher than their A14 time? Every other DCI D0 - A14 is within a % or 2. So they push on-time but are arriving late 75% because of those lengthy taxi lines in CVG? NOT.

Sat in the jumpseat numerous times when they call out on-time as we push 30-40 minutes late. It's call fudging the numbers.

"Never too late for an on-time departure!"

Last edited:
Unfortunately, about a year ago, I had the misfortune to have MESA ("Freedom") assigned by DAL to fill two of my daily commute flights from Atlanta to Tri-Cities Tennessee.
I hope this never happens again!
It was by far the worst commuting year of my 12 years on this route, without a doubt.
They would fly the last two flights in there, then ferry the aircraft to CAE for overnight maintenance, and bring them back for the start flights in the morning.
TWICE they forgot to bring flight attendants back in the morning.
MANY times they cancelled.
MANY times the aircraft was broken, even after the maintenance.
MANY times they couldn't fill all the seats, largely a function of poor aircraft choice.
Their flight control didn't know where the crews were, let alone the aircraft!

Flight crews did great with the cards they were dealt, but I firmly believe Delta, and others, will drop them like a hot potato.

BAD management = BAD AIRLINE.
I feel sorry for the crews and what they have put up with, but at least ASA has good management, and doesn't (cannot due to ACARS) report fudged in/out times. I hope they get their act together enough to restructure for the sake of the employees, but the current management structure won't cut it.

Hey you tell them Roger, as a previous ramp agent in TRI I had to contact Freedom's dispatch many times to get a release, not only would they take for ever to send one, but often times they would argue with me that there was even a plane there.

I have a friend that also was hired at Mesa, he was in training for a much longer period of time due to the training departments lack of communication skills. He would show up for class with other students only to have no instructor. They would show up to class only to find that it had been moved to another building. No one would even notify him or his class mates on the changes. There was also a 2 week period where they just sat in their hotel rooms because the training department never called them to fix any issues. After those 2 weeks were up, he went home. 3 weeks later they called him and gave him instructions on when class would begin again. Turns out they didn't know he had gone home and they were still paying for his hotel room for 5 weeks of no training. Guess who owned the Hotel, JO. The guy double dips. He is taking alot of people for their money and its sick.

Does not surprise me one little bit!
I speak from experience. Maybe they have improved lately, but they still drag the industry to the bottom. I hope to never have them on my commute again, as I only ever got to work or home, on time or at all, more than 50% of the time.
Don't get me wrong, the crews are great, and have to put up with all the Mesa bashing that goes on here. Hang in there, but start looking around. The water is coming in faster than than the pumps can handle!

Please explain to me how their D0 time is 7% higher than their A14 time? Every other DCI D0 - A14 is within a % or 2. So they push on-time but are arriving late 75% because of those lengthy taxi lines in CVG? NOT.

Sat in the jumpseat numerous times when they call out on-time as we push 30-40 minutes late. It's call fudging the numbers.

"Never too late for an on-time departure!"

Suggest you check your numbers? Where do you see a 7% pt variance.
A-14 July thru December is 89.4% D-0 is 89.8? (Delta official numbers) Both of these numbers are leading all Delta connection carriers for this period.

As you may know, Freedom has replaced Comair flying in CVG and now based on Freedom's performance, Delta wants to reduce the block time.

PLease, please get your facts correct before you bash.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back