• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SATSAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I parked next to one of those SATSair Cirrus aircraft at MYR last week. Nice looking bird with a big "SATSair" on the tail.

Where we expand is simply a matter of client demand and where the "powers that be" decide they want to work out a contract on keeping an airplane hangared...ooops, I almost said "based", but of course we're not BASING aircraft, we're just keeping them HANGARED ELSEWHERE! Anyway, only time will tell as to our expansion plans---keep checking the website to look at our service area, and when you get closer to 1500 TT mins, then give our CP a call and see what he tells you. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. Also, I noticed one of your airplanes in our shop this week. Do you guys outsource all the mx or was this likely a squawk that popped up out on the line?

Actually, we're an approved Cirrus Service Center, so we not only do most of our own mx but also do a lot for outside customers. I'm sure it was something that needed done quick so the airplane could be turned around for a revenue flight---as we expand further from GMU we're going to see more of that, IMHO.

I just read that Cirrus bought Satsair outright recently. Is it safe to assume that any previous thoughts about adding VLJs like the Ecplise or Adams Jet will likely not happen now that Cirrus is the sole owner? How will that likely impact pilot hiring given that VLJs are probably not on the horizon for now?

Da Buyout...

Wellllllll....as AvBug would say, the Devil is in the details. ORIGINALLY Cirrus Industries, the parent group of Cirrus Design that actually makes the SR-20/22, was going to buy Rhino Aviation (dba SATSAir) completely and make the comp[any a wholly-owned subsidiary. In the meantime, things kinda grew a little differently than planned and the deal has gone through, but Cirrus Industries is now a STRATEGIC PARTNER and a minority owner. Bottom line----we're still supposed to have better access to airplanes to keep up with growth, we get an infusion of capital (at least that's what I think is happening) to handle some of the growth issues in terms of staffing, etc. and the owners stay the majority owners. At least that's the way I hear it filtering down to us. As far as the VLJs---my money is till on that we'll be first in line for a Cirrus jet when it hits the street, but when/where that is is anybody's guess. In the meantime, we may/may not fly something else while we wait. I don't know---if they've figured it out they're not saying, and I'm not sure they've figured it out yet. All I know is we need more airplanes and piloits cuz I'm working too much!;)

Satsair employment

HI FlyingSkip. I am curious about flying with SatsAir. I understand the starting salary to be around 31,500. Does that include any benefits (i.e., the elusive health insurance)? Also, is there an increase as you stay with the company?
Thanks

I got a good look at one of the newer SR22s lately with the full Entegra cockpit - wow! I was very impressed. Flying one of those full time wouldn't be too bad at all. Even the back seats were comfortable.

Latest resources

Back