SATSAir

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Old Thread

On Your Six said:
I got a good look at one of the newer SR22s lately with the full Entegra cockpit - wow! I was very impressed. Flying one of those full time wouldn't be too bad at all. Even the back seats were comfortable.

The aircraft is/or should be VFR-ONLY,with an exceptionally good panel,as far as working with that outfit and THOSE people,better go back and read ALL of the POSTS on this thread.Do a search on RHINO AVIATION/SATSAir,read all the posts,after you have done this and you like being DUMPED-ON NONSTOP,then I would say go ahead,knock yourself out.Work for them,just remember,You were WARNED.
 

AerroMatt

Elmer Pudpuller
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Posts
744
Total Time
TBO
G-force said:
The aircraft is/or should be VFR-ONLY,with an exceptionally good panel,as far as working with that outfit and THOSE people,better go back and read ALL of the POSTS on this thread.Do a search on RHINO AVIATION/SATSAir,read all the posts,after you have done this and you like being DUMPED-ON NONSTOP,then I would say go ahead,knock yourself out.Work for them,just remember,You were WARNED.

LMAO! G-Man, until you came along I thought the sun was shining today. Now I realize its actually pi$$ing down!

You need to find someone else's parade to pi$$ on.
 

On Your Six

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
4,509
Total Time
9,500
G-force said:
The aircraft is/or should be VFR-ONLY,with an exceptionally good panel,as far as working with that outfit and THOSE people,better go back and read ALL of the POSTS on this thread.Do a search on RHINO AVIATION/SATSAir,read all the posts,after you have done this and you like being DUMPED-ON NONSTOP,then I would say go ahead,knock yourself out.Work for them,just remember,You were WARNED.

Why would you say that? I know people who fly it IFR. It seems more advanced than any King Air you fly - right? Perhaps you could explain yourself?

Dumped on? I have read that they fly a lot (note posts above). Any details?
 

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Already Covered

On Your Six said:
Why would you say that? I know people who fly it IFR. It seems more advanced than any King Air you fly - right? Perhaps you could explain yourself?

Dumped on? I have read that they fly a lot (note posts above). Any details?

Read ALL of the other POSTS on the OTHER THREADS,I already EXPLAINED THIS!!!!
The General Public HAS AN ADVERSE OPINION ON SE-PISTON AIRCRAFT,and a parachute is NOT a gaurantee against DEATH!!!!
You are correct,the panel is very advanced,but not more so than on a 2006 model Kingair BE-200!!!!
 
Last edited:

johnsonrod

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Posts
4,218
Total Time
8000+
G-force said:
Read ALL of the other POSTS on the OTHER THREADS,I already EXPLAINED THIS!!!!
The General Public HAS AN ADVERSE OPINION ON SE-PISTON AIRCRAFT,and a parachute is NOT a gaurantee against DEATH!!!!
You are correct,the panel is very advanced,but not more so than on a 2006 model Kingair BE-200!!!!

Plenty of King Airs have crashed too. What's your point? The average SATSair pilot will have far more experience than the average Cirrus owner who might crash the airplane - right? Have you seen the hours requirements? Plus, renting a King Air is far more expensive than renting a Cirrus as a pax. I am sure you think VLJs (ie Dayjet) are death traps when flown by experienced pilots too...
 

tazzer

New member
Joined
May 23, 2006
Posts
2
Total Time
3400
Hmmm
Back to "on your six." I have enjoyed flying the SR-22's. They obviously weren't created for very long distance travel or for more than a few people, but I have found they do their job well. I like that they use Garmin 430's and the PFD and MFD displays are nice. As with anything that heavily relies on electronics, they have their "tron" moments. Usually a couple of cycled circuit breakers will do the trick. People like to slam the "chute", but its nice to have for some potential situations. The main thing here is that they are different. I think its been a refreshing change to see General Aviation come out of the dark ages and embrace new technology and the composite design. Who wants to buy a plane that goes 110 anymore? I have been spoiled in that I forget to carry charts anymore!
 

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Unread old posts

johnsonrod said:
Plenty of King Airs have crashed too. What's your point? The average SATSair pilot will have far more experience than the average Cirrus owner who might crash the airplane - right? Have you seen the hours requirements? Plus, renting a King Air is far more expensive than renting a Cirrus as a pax. I am sure you think VLJs (ie Dayjet) are death traps when flown by experienced pilots too...

Apparently,you have not gone back and read ALL the old posts.Read them and you will see what the point is!!!!!
See the Rhino Aviation/SATSAir Thread.
 
Last edited:

AerroMatt

Elmer Pudpuller
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Posts
744
Total Time
TBO
G-force said:
Apparently,you have not gone back and read ALL the old posts.Read them and you will see what the point is!!!!!
See the Rhino Aviation/SATSAir Thread.

The Point is that you aren't happy until you have pi$$ed on someone's parade.

Wish you would retire from aviation, get laid, and get a life.
 

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Serious about TRUTH

AerroMatt said:
The Point is that you aren't happy until you have pi$$ed on someone's parade.

Wish you would retire from aviation, get laid, and get a life.

There are still alot of TRUTH-HATERS out there!!!!!
 

On Your Six

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
4,509
Total Time
9,500
G-force said:
There are still alot of TRUTH-HATERS out there!!!!!

If you were in fact fired from Satsair as stated in the above posts, you wouldn't be unbiased. Your negativity is annoying. No new, growing organization is perfect - there is a learning curve. The fact that Cirrus Corp. bought the company means things will likely improve in all areas. The last thing Cirrus wants is a crash or safety issues.

Now, go fly your King Air and buzz off...
 

BluDevAv8r

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
985
Total Time
Enough
On Your Six said:
If you were in fact fired from Satsair as stated in the above posts, you wouldn't be unbiased. Your negativity is annoying. No new, growing organization is perfect - there is a learning curve. The fact that Cirrus Corp. bought the company means things will likely improve in all areas. The last thing Cirrus wants is a crash or safety issues.

Now, go fly your King Air and buzz off...

I don't believe Cirrus ever bought Satsair. Satsair made some sort of announcement about an impending deal but if you look at Cirrus' website you will find no mention of the acquisition. Cirrus does lease Satsair most of its planes however.

-Neal
 

FlyingSkip

Generalissimo
Joined
Aug 22, 2002
Posts
167
Total Time
5000+
As stated in an earlier post---the same investment group that owns a majority share in Cirrus bought a MINORITY share in SATSAir. It all happened back in February, but for some reason I've never had explained to me there was no publicity on the SATS side although Alan K. (CEO of Cirrus) has been quoted about it several times. I've wondered many times why something that was supposed to be such a big deal never made more headlines---obviously not slowing down SATS as they just announced their 200th customer.
 

climbhappy

ex pat
Joined
Aug 11, 2002
Posts
2,159
Total Time
11000
Hey,
to anyone with the info. I'm getting checked out in a Cirrus 20. a former clinet has one. I'm also furloughed from Pace. Is there any chance of making a part time thing out of this SATS Air job. I do have some things non flying going....

thanks for any info.

where and how do you apply?
PM me if necessary
 

On Your Six

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
4,509
Total Time
9,500
climbhappy said:
Hey,
to anyone with the info. I'm getting checked out in a Cirrus 20. a former clinet has one. I'm also furloughed from Pace. Is there any chance of making a part time thing out of this SATS Air job. I do have some things non flying going....

thanks for any info.

where and how do you apply?
PM me if necessary

PM FlyingSkip - he works there.
 

AerroMatt

Elmer Pudpuller
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Posts
744
Total Time
TBO
G-force said:
There are still alot of TRUTH-HATERS out there!!!!!

You make my point precisely, G-man. You are not getting laid, you don't have a life, and you hate the TRUTH of this statement!

Maybe you should consider crawling down a hole until your attitude improves?
 

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Truth & Reality

AerroMatt said:
You make my point precisely, G-man. You are not getting laid, you don't have a life, and you hate the TRUTH of this statement!

Maybe you should consider crawling down a hole until your attitude improves?

Some people just can't handle the truth,therefore they can't handle reality either!!!
 

hammer2

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Posts
11,253
Total Time
250+
Is this a single engine fractional? How long is the training contract? Gee, I can build some time.
 

G-force

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Posts
10,654
Total Time
5200 +
Build Time ???

hammer2 said:
Is this a single engine fractional? How long is the training contract? Gee, I can build some time.

Of course its SE-piston,Pt 135,non-certified icing conditions,although they may force you to fly in icing conditions anyway.
As far as PFT is concerned, better ask alot of questions!!!! If this SATSAir outfit is still associated with THAT BUNCH at Rhino Aviation @ GMU,you would be well advised to STAY AWAY.
 

FlyingSkip

Generalissimo
Joined
Aug 22, 2002
Posts
167
Total Time
5000+
Alright, I refuse to get back into the mud w/ G-Spot, and I've written enough about SATS that I'm not going to repeat myself---do a search and see what you think. BUT... It's not PFT! There IS a contract, but there is not up-front $$, so it's NOT PFT! Period. End of story. I'm done with responding to stupid stuff---read previous posts and make up your own minds. Roger, Wilco.
 

Latest posts

Top