• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saabs at TLH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No offense, but those airlink Saabs must be a heck of an age. Looking pretty rough inside and out! I thought Northwest's color was red, these have mostly faded to pink - not a great image for the big-D passenger.

Have flown on them several times now on my commute. Great crews, willing to go out of their way to get you on. Seems like the airplane is very weight restricted most times however, so you have to have a backup plan.

In the process of redoing the entire interiors and exeriors of the plane. Most of the B+ Saab models are built in the late 90's.
With our new weight and balance system, we have alot more flexibility with regards to getting jumpseaters and non-revs on.

No offense, but those airlink Saabs must be a heck of an age. Looking pretty rough inside and out! I thought Northwest's color was red, these have mostly faded to pink - not a great image for the big-D passenger.

They approx 12-13 years old. XJ took delivery of them when they were brand new. They will start undergoing the new Delta paint jobs soon so they will once again look brand new.

Once again, great crews, and commuters appreciate all the help!
Your saabs should look good in the new paint! Sorry you have to put up with ATL however.

First one went down for Paint last night
Which one? Maybe they'll do 439 or 441 - or as I call them: The planes with the maps of places we don't fly anymore.

It didn't take long at all for this thread to end up in the gutter did it?

To answer the question...

On April 1st, Delta returned to the TLH-MCO/FLL/TPA markets using Mesaba Saab 340s. Those routes are flown under the "Delta Connection" brand. The flights are fed by the MEM-TLH route that is operated on behalf of NWA as "NWA Airlink." There are still 2 CRJs on the route for a total of 3 flights. Crews come from the MEM base.

doesn't mesaba operate out of MSP and DTW? since when did they operate out of MEM? thought MEM was the old Express 1 (now Pinnacle) hub.

Younger than the DC 9's, MD 80's, and some of the 737's DAL has on property. They do need some paint, they're in the process now. But they are running over 11 hours of utilization a day and few spare frames in the stretched out DAL system.

DAL's 737-800s are pretty new.... their oldest one is probably a 99 or 00 model.

Latest resources

Back