• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saabs at TLH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
im still not used to seeing the SAABs in ATL!

Same here... we were turning onto 27R tonight in ATL and one was landing on 27L. I do a double take everytime I see them... plus they are using flight numbers that 9E used to use out of MEM.

It will be interesting to see how these routes fair compared to when the ERJs ran them.

Same here... we were turning onto 27R tonight in ATL and one was landing on 27L. I do a double take everytime I see them... plus they are using flight numbers that 9E used to use out of MEM.

It will be interesting to see how these routes fair compared to when the ERJs ran them.

Kinda like how Mesaba was everything NWA2700-3499 only few years ago. . .

The more things change, the more something something.

Haha exactly. Pinnacle is flying the old XJ 2xxx numbers in the NW system...just as weird hearing that.

What's next, cats and dogs getting along?

Heck I welcome them to the Jacked up Atlanta system. There numbers have gone down just like ours..

We still use 2700-2799 and 3000-3699 in the Airlink system... nothing new there. What is weird is the 5XXX numbers when the flights are in MSP. I think it still throws the controllers off. I don't think we've ever had anything different until now.

Since you've been gone Delta has merged with Northwest. Northwest contracts with a dirt cheap carrier called mesa/ba who flies saabs. Thats who you saw.

Actually Mesaba is owned by DAL and is not a contract carrier. Obviously you know nothing of the oldest operating regional (over 60 years) and the original starter of the "AirTran Holdings" name (complelety differant animal now, but it was our holdings Corp when it started). As previously posted pilot payscales are on par with others now and currently snapping back.

Heck I welcome them to the Jacked up Atlanta system. There numbers have gone down just like ours..

Which numbers? Them there numbers? ;)

Who does grounds ops down there for Mesaba?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I detect someone on another thread supposably-ing . . . Up, up, and away!

No offense, but those airlink Saabs must be a heck of an age. Looking pretty rough inside and out! I thought Northwest's color was red, these have mostly faded to pink - not a great image for the big-D passenger.

Have flown on them several times now on my commute. Great crews, willing to go out of their way to get you on. Seems like the airplane is very weight restricted most times however, so you have to have a backup plan.

No offense, but those airlink Saabs must be a heck of an age. Looking pretty rough inside and out! I thought Northwest's color was red, these have mostly faded to pink - not a great image for the big-D passenger.

Younger than the DC 9's, MD 80's, and some of the 737's DAL has on property. They do need some paint, they're in the process now. But they are running over 11 hours of utilization a day and few spare frames in the stretched out DAL system.

Latest resources

Back