S5 E-170 upgrade @ 6/04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SF340Guy

Shuttle America has pilots in the next upgrade class with a 6/22/2004 DOH. Seems kinda quick compared to XJT 3+ years, or AE 7+ years, but hey...I guess we only make a few dollars more than your 50 seat rates, so I guess it all evens out.

Last edited:
All you CFI 1200hr wonders all want the fast track to the left seat, just remember the pilots at ACA and Air Wisconsin got bent over by ua, so you can "upgrade"

Injoy it while it lasts because in 5 years ua will be coming back to you to cut costs again.

FL280 said:
All you CFI 1200hr wonders all want the fast track to the left seat, just remember the pilots at ACA and Air Wisconsin got bent over by ua, so you can "upgrade"

Injoy it while it lasts because in 5 years ua will be coming back to you to cut costs again.

OH SNAP!!!! TURBINE PIC BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By then I'll be going to FEDEX!

kngarthur said:

By then I'll be going to FEDEX!!

EXACTLY!!!! The quicker the upgarde the quicker the mins are met for the Majors when they start hiring.

SF340Guy said:
EXACTLY!!!! The quicker the upgarde the quicker the mins are met for the Majors when they start hiring.

Yeah good luck with that! Five hundred hours of Turbine PIC will put you right on the top of Fedex and Southwest's 20,000+ applications. Gonna be hard for the majors to hire when many narrowbodies are heading to the desert and being replaced by lucky you in the 170. Oh well at least you are a JET CAPTAIN! That will get you laid!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kngarthur

By then I'll be going to FEDEX!

Go to hell junior......

nimtz said:
Yeah good luck with that! Five hundred hours of Turbine PIC will put you right on the top of Fedex and Southwest's 20,000+ applications. Gonna be hard for the majors to hire when many narrowbodies are heading to the desert and being replaced by lucky you in the 170. Oh well at least you are a JET CAPTAIN! That will get you laid!

Oh I'm in--as soon as I get the 1000 Turbine PIC

nimtz said:

Yeah, cause FED EX just announced they are getting rid of their fleet to replace it with an all express 170 feeder, but hey, your 3500 hours of right seat jet time should put you right up there.

When you know someone to walk your resume in, it helps if you meet the time requirements, and one of those major time requirements is Turbine PIC. Like I said, a quick upgrade will get you to those requirements a lot faster, never did I say that that would get you to the top of the pile.

But you do have to meet the minimums to be put in the pile in the first place, so it helps.

Latest resources

Back