• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S3B Priority Coming quickly to ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How are you going to negotiate pass priority on Delta in a contract with ASA? You really are an idiot, you know?

I missed the "Edit" window. My previous post was totally uncalled for. The problem is that, since our contract is between ASA pilots and ASA, there's really no room in there to negotiate any travel benefits with Delta. Since Delta is a totally seperate company, there is no way to bind them to anything with contractual language between our pilots and our management. I tend to agree with you that, sooner or later, we're going to have to put PBS on the table, but it won't be in exchange for pass privledges. Unfortunately, that's one of many things that we have absolutely no control over.

I missed the "Edit" window. My previous post was totally uncalled for. The problem is that, since our contract is between ASA pilots and ASA, there's really no room in there to negotiate any travel benefits with Delta. Since Delta is a totally seperate company, there is no way to bind them to anything with contractual language between our pilots and our management. I tend to agree with you that, sooner or later, we're going to have to put PBS on the table, but it won't be in exchange for pass privledges. Unfortunately, that's one of many things that we have absolutely no control over.

Guys, let's be real, there is not gonna be any contract at ASA. The company has no nterest in getting one done because they are shrinking ASA out of existence. These recent moves by Delta tells a big story. Closing LA, Taking over all ground operations, The GO is next, downgrading pass priveledges, Two open contracts, the Flight Attendants and Pilots. All of the BS coming out of BL's mouth is just that, BS. How are the seeking other contracts for flying when they have no idea what the costs are gonna be? I only wish you the best, but I would be getting my resume's out ASAP. Don't be the last one without a chair when the music stops.

there's really no room in there to negotiate any travel benefits with Delta. Since Delta is a totally seperate company, there is no way to bind them to anything with contractual language between our pilots and our management. .
I disagree. I think we can negotiate ANYTHING we want and or need in this new contract. ASA management can negotiate with DELTA we don't have to. If we offer something the company wants (PBS, lower payrates, 75% retro as opposed to 100% etc etc) they will entertain the proposal. Don't think it can't be done....anything can be done, look at Comair pilots ability to tie DAL to their contract and amounts of flying.
It might not be easy but this whole debacle of negotiations hasn't been easy.
If we do indeed lose our current priority as nonrev's we need to demand a better commuter policey then what has been proposed and get something more out of this contract. The flight benies that we have enjoyed are a HUGE benefit to us as employees, and to lose them means we need to fight like hell to get something else out of this $hithole of a company.....we can't keep giving and not getting anything in return!!

...not sure if someone said this earlier...but I bet they (DAL) is taking over the above/below the wing support so these guys won't quit when our passes go bye bye. There would be a MASS exodus. The passes is one of the only reasons they hang around and put up with the nonsense here.

IMHO. -what a pisser-

...not sure if someone said this earlier...but I bet they (DAL) is taking over the above/below the wing support so these guys won't quit when our passes go bye bye. There would be a MASS exodus. The passes is one of the only reasons they hang around and put up with the nonsense here.

IMHO. -what a pisser-

Amen. I agree on that one. DAL doesn't want a mass exodus when they cut the passes. The only ones that will just cry and do nothing about it are the flight crews. So move everyone who might cause trouble.

If they thinks they is loosin' crews now... waits til they announce S3C's.... Yeowwwwwwwww.... can hear dah crickets now....

If they thinks they is loosin' crews now... waits til they announce S3C's.... Yeowwwwwwwww.... can hear dah crickets now....

I don't buy that. You mean you're thinking about leaving, but the only thing that keeps you there is two levels in your non-rev priority? NAH! If I were leaving, not even possitive space would make me stay.

OMG, this guy kills me with the stuff he says. I love it. This guy is so damn funny. Got to love it

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back