• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S3B Priority Coming quickly to ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the situation should arise where DAL mainline ends up being able to fly on ASA aircraft at a higher (S3) priority than ASA can fly on mainline (S3C), I hate to imagine what the consequences may be for some DAL people who commute on ASA. There will suddenly be severe weight & balance issues that arise at the last moment. That is the general talk in the ASA lounges right now. If the benefits have to change, then let it be a "level playing field" at least, ASA S3C on DAL and vice versa.

DAL crewmembers need to push hard for this, I can assure them it will be in their best interests. ASA people will not be treated like dirt much more, they are totally fed up with just about everything right now!

The beatings will continue until moral improves, hey, good goes around.

A ramp supervisor said tonight that DAL needs 1400 ASA people to go over and only 300 have put in shows of interest. Some are waiting until the merit positions come out and others will wait until the Mar 30 deadline, but for the most part it's turning out not to be such a good deal for them. Most will take pretty big pay cuts to go to DAL. They lose half their seniority for pay and benefits and have to start over for travel.

They lose half their seniority for pay and benefits and have to start over for travel.

Yes, but starting over at S3/S2 sure beats 25 years' seniority at S3C! Just curious, how do DAL payrates compare to ASA's on the ramp? I had imagined most people would be better off working for Delta.

Yes, but starting over at S3/S2 sure beats 25 years' seniority at S3C! Just curious, how do DAL payrates compare to ASA's on the ramp? I had imagined most people would be better off working for Delta.

But you have to pay the bills before you travel. This person said a 4 year ASA employee will have two years seniority at DAL and take a $4 per hour paycut. $640 dollars per month at that income level is huge, and it would take awhile to get back. I'd say the employees that are immigrants and are here so they can travel back home, and those who use the travel alot will bite the bullet. But for most it's just another job and they won't go to DAL and take a cut. I think they under estimated how many would actually go for the "work at DAL carrot". And no current DAL employees want to come to C & D and work 20-25 planes per shift, some simultaneously, when they can work 5 or 6 planes per shift on the other concourses.

Latest resources

Back