S Turns in a 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looked like a normal DAL landing to me!!!:D

Kidding aside, with 7000 ft runways, steeper than normal turning approaches and water at the end, SOP for LGA is a firm landing in the best of conditions. No room to make it pretty, pick where the tires are going to touch and make sure they touch....if it rolls on, great, if it is placed firmly, great.

I left a nice divot in that runway with a 73 on a rainy windy day once....Errrr, I mean, I skillfully exercised the main gear struts to remove the rust build up from months of disuse due to greaser landings!!! **Whew almost blew my super pilot image!!** :cool:

He was a little whoppyjawed on the touchdown though. Probably a management pilot!!;)

Last edited:
Since you seem to suffer from short term memory loss... let me remind you and repost your original post.

nptguy said:
Do airlines use this ,or is this just for smaller airplanes? I would think it would be eaiser to go missed approach, instead of scaring the passengers to death.

Thanks FADECtoBlack, in no way was I trying to start a "flame Thread"

Once again... how do you know that they scared the passengers to death.... and why would you post such a video if you hadn't already preconcieved the stupid idea that something was wrong?

You can play all innocent now... but most of us are smart enough to see what a putz you are by starting this thread.

You can always delete it you know.... considering "you don't want to start a "flame thread".... and the fact you're all nieve and innocent..:rolleyes:

Something tells me this hit pretty close to home for Angus. Cool video, though .. looked like a wild ride at the end there.

What the heck, based on all the qualified commenters above, I'll throw in my opinion....

S turns are one thing, but this cat was way too skewed off centerline crossing the fence for a 100 - 150,000 lb jet transport. nasty! Looks like some classic China Airlines or Bangkok Airways flying to me.

2 ¢

LGA Expressway Visual, You come in from the South Pick up the Mesbeth tanks follow the expressway around Shea Stadium and land. Passengers were too interested in watching the Mets ball game to notice the dish out on final. Wind looks like it is blowing 25 to 35 knots. He got the job done but I sure wouldn't go as far as saying nice job.............

TurboS7 said:
LGA Expressway Visual, You come in from the South Pick up the Mesbeth tanks follow the expressway around Shea Stadium and land. Passengers were too interested in watching the Mets ball game to notice the dish out on final. Wind looks like it is blowing 25 to 35 knots. He got the job done but I sure wouldn't go as far as saying nice job.............

The Maspeth gas tanks used to be great landmarks for this visual (400' tall), but they were blown up a year or two ago. There was even a show about the demolition on the Discovery Channel.

And no, I don't spend too much time on the sofa in the crashpad! :)

"S turns are one thing, but this cat was way too skewed off centerline crossing the fence for a 100 - 150,000 lb jet transport. nasty! Looks like some classic China Airlines or Bangkok Airways flying to me."

Looking at the video again, it looks more like an overshoot after getting 40kts tailwind as he turned base then overshot. It's still less than pretty and gets near the type of approach one should avoid.

You should ride the jumpseat of a 190,000 lb 757 into Tegucigalpa Honduras. Left base in a 30 Deg bank <200' above the houses. I've seen people in showers, having dinner and can almost make out the subtitles on the TV they're watching.

Question What are the Two white tanks that you use now then for 31 Express Visual at LGA? and I know ATC has asked me to blow through final for sapcing there before

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back