• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S Turns in a 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, they really crushed it on. Looked like a nice approach with a monster wind blowing. Nice job. Pretty much SOP for LGA.

LGA generally uses one runway for takeoff and another for landing. The Expressway Visual is fun to fly and yes, that's what it looks like when you overshoot final for whatever reason. I highly doubt it scared the passengers, they're usually looking out the window at the sights and just happy to get where they wanted to go.

Angus said:
How about we leave the flying and decision making to go around or not up to the Pilots flying the aircraft... you know... the ones who are at the very front and can see the whole picture.

Isn't it great how inexperienced, inquisitive pilots can come to this forum and ask harmless questions of more experienced pilots without the fear of being accosted and ridiculed?

The guy had an innocent question based on the video he found. He wasn't making accusations. Looks like a pretty hairy approach to me too - well executed by the pilot.

nptguy, I hope this doesn't discourage you from raising more questions for the pilots on this forum - most of whom would be happy to answer you in a polite and thoughful manner. (just don't get too technical, otherwise you'll immediately be accused of being a terrorist.)

Capt. Kaos overshoots final..misses the centerline..makes a LOUSY x-wind landing..and drops the masks because of the impact..

Yup nice job.

Looked just fine for the wind in my professional opinion.

FADECtoBLACK said:
Isn't it great how inexperienced, inquisitive pilots can come to this forum and ask harmless questions of more experienced pilots without the fear of being accosted and ridiculed?

The guy had an innocent question based on the video he found. He wasn't making accusations. Looks like a pretty hairy approach to me too - well executed by the pilot.

nptguy, I hope this doesn't discourage you from raising more questions for the pilots on this forum - most of whom would be happy to answer you in a polite and thoughful manner. (just don't get too technical, otherwise you'll immediately be accused of being a terrorist.)

Yeah right.... okay....... and Rush Limbaugh is just an anxious Liberal.

Maybe you're that placid... but I'm not. Just because a post has a question mark at the end... does not mean that a legit "question" is being asked. Here is an example.... "are you really that gullible"? See I put a question mark... but thats not a question because we all know the answer to that.

The poster was not "asking a question", he was trying to start a fire about something stupid.... and he knows it..... but you just haven't figured it out yet.

If I could find some logic in there, I'd argue it... but that's not why I posted.

I am just pointing out the fact that a huge chunk of the posts on this board end up with the poster being burned at the stake for bringing the subject up.

Granted, many of the posts are intended as flame-bait. But when a student pilot with 55 hours posts some video of a 737 pilot opting for the "firm" landing rather than a go-around, he/she has a legit curiosity as far as I'm concerned.

Shouldn't it be our place (as more experienced pilots) to explain the many additonal considerations the pilot of a 737 has when going around as opposed to the one extra time around the patch he'd have to do in his Cherokee?

Again, not in it for the fight... I just get tired of the frequent attacks that occur when people throw out legitimate questions for the users of this online community.

As a past instructor, I've seen this attitude in "real life" and its a horrible impression to make on people just starting out in aviation. I know it's a cliche, but there's no such this as a dumb question. Is it necessary to belittle a person for asking a question that is not a blatant flame?

A good pilot is always willing to help out other pilots - especially newbies. After all, someone was there to help each and every one of us when we were newbies.

The approach was what it was (we've all been there); but the crosswind touchdown and rollout was very poorly executed. My guess is the pilot's never flown a taildrager... thousands of hours and missed the basics!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back