rumors from both NWA and DAL about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying zephyr

I have heard rumors from friends at both DAL and NWA about the creation(NWA) of a 717 training program and the possible if not probable acquisition(DAL) of 717s, any truth or validity for these rumors or is it all speculation?

Interesting times. I think that our neighbor on Concourse C would be willing to let a few go.

Heck if they take MEH's jets I am sure that there will be quite the fight to put them on the combined list.

Heck if they take MEH's jets I am sure that there will be quite the fight to put them on the combined list.

Why? We're not merging with MEH. We've taken delivery of 17 AA B757s and there has been no fight to put AA pilots on the combined list. World took delivery of most all of our MD-11s and there was no fight to combine the lists. NWA has some old EAL DC-9s and there was no fight to put Eastern pilots on the list. Airlines sell aircraft to other airlines all the time with no requirement to merge work forces.

Well the rumor over here on concourse C is that up to 25 additional 717's have been added to our certificate. The captain I am flying with knows some Airtran FAA guy that claims the rumor is true. Also there have been numerous articles claiming Boeing will do everything they can to keep Airtran alive, including extremely cheap leases on 717's that are becoming available. (Airtran leases 77 717's from Boeing) Unless there we a significant amount of 717's available, I wouldn't think it would be a benfefit a non 717 carrier (Delta/NWA).

Well the rumor over here on concourse C is that up to 25 additional 717's have been added to our certificate. The captain I am flying with knows some Airtran FAA guy that claims the rumor is true. Also there have been numerous articles claiming Boeing will do everything they can to keep Airtran alive, including extremely cheap leases on 717's that are becoming available. (Airtran leases 77 717's from Boeing) Unless there we a significant amount of 717's available, I wouldn't think it would be a benfefit a non 717 carrier (Delta/NWA).

Gotta love the I know somebody who knows somebody information. That is about as reliable as the info from the NPA. Oh yeah we just sold a 717 to hawaii.

Thanks for the laugh!

Latest resources

Back