Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ouch. Thats gonna leave a mark:D

More irony!

Had you bothered to show up for your job when you were elected by your fellow pilots to ALPA office, perhaps your declaration would have some relevance.

You didn't.

It doesn't.

Perhaps if you'd put one-tenth the effort into your ALPA duties as you did suing your fellow pilots, your "I won't help!" sentiment would have some impact.

Soooo,

Getting back to the origional question of the thread, "is NWA/DAL aquiring 717's" ?

Soooo,

Getting back to the origional question of the thread, "is NWA/DAL aquiring 717's" ?

Until you see a B717 towbar at your gate...don't believe it.

The "100-seater" isn't settled. Anderson is gonna leverage all the manufacturers he can...starting with Boeing over the B787 delays.

If AirTrans gets 717's, it could be to free up 737's for sale.

Rumor, innuendos . . . Film at 11

TW

If AirTrans gets 717's, it could be to free up 737's for sale.

Rumor, innuendos . . . Film at 11

TW
Are they going to do anything to increase the 717's range? I thought it was realistically a 1,200nm jet. For comparison the 737-700 is 5,500 miles. Wouldn't replacing the 737 limit AirTran's ability to fly trans-con's out of Atlanta?

Seems like it would be straightforward to add fuel capacity using the MD80's configuration, and I know there was talk of a 717-300 before Boeing pulled the plug on Long Beach.

The 717 is a nice product for the pax. IFE would make it a better product for longer legs.

Last edited:
More irony!

Had you bothered to show up for your job when you were elected by your fellow pilots to ALPA office, perhaps your declaration would have some relevance.

You didn't.

It doesn't.

Perhaps if you'd put one-tenth the effort into your ALPA duties as you did suing your fellow pilots, your "I won't help!" sentiment would have some impact.

Zing! But then again, the rjdc motto, "sue if you can't get what you want."

FWIW Midex is putting first class seats back in their jets by the fall. It will be configured like all other airlines. They are terming it Midwest Class.

Well the rumor over here on concourse C is that up to 25 additional 717's have been added to our certificate. The captain I am flying with knows some Airtran FAA guy that claims the rumor is true. Also there have been numerous articles claiming Boeing will do everything they can to keep Airtran alive, including extremely cheap leases on 717's that are becoming available. (Airtran leases 77 717's from Boeing) Unless there we a significant amount of 717's available, I wouldn't think it would be a benfefit a non 717 carrier (Delta/NWA).

Boeing does not give a rats ass if Airtran stays alive or dies. They have their own problems and they make FAR MORE money in the government and foreign market than what a tiny non profitable airline in Atlanta can do.

Flyi,

Despite your post being an unwarranted insult, you are correct that Boeing is not focused on their US customers. Right now the money is in the big airplanes being sold to rapidly expanding Mid East carriers (much of which makes no economic sense) and beating AirBus in the developing nations. While every customer is important, US business is planned to be less than an third of their order book. It also appears Boeing is willing to cede the 100 to 130 seat market under the concept that small airplanes = small profits.

I remember when Ford's mantra was small cars = small profits. Now they are on the path to bankruptcy and Toyota is the World's largest manufacturer.

Boeing is teaching the Japanese how to build the most critical airframe components and having to deal with quality control problems due to the outsourcing to every corner of the globe.

Boeing designs a great product, but they seem less interested in actually building it.

Latest resources

Back