• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

rumors from both NWA and DAL about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midwest will never declare ch11 or 7, for 25 years Midwest was never late on a single bill, Seabury (the restructuring company hired by TPG) asked Midwest to stop paying bills on time. Its a well known business trick when someone trying to get better rates from their vendors.

I personally think that Midwest is being re-aligned to eventually become a regional carrier for the new DAL/NWA. Delta wants a good product to replace some of the less desirable regional service they have currently <--- straight from a DAL ALPA officer mouth.

Midwest will never declare ch11 or 7, for 25 years Midwest was never late on a single bill, Seabury (the restructuring company hired by TPG) asked Midwest to stop paying bills on time. Its a well known business trick when someone trying to get better rates from their vendors.

I personally think that Midwest is being re-aligned to eventually become a regional carrier for the new DAL/NWA. Delta wants a good product to replace some of the less desirable regional service they have currently <--- straight from a DAL ALPA officer mouth.

We have scope preventing planes over 76 seats flying for us, unless it is a limited code share, and even there we have limits. Sorry, I just don't think it will happen other than a very limited Code Share. That DALPA officer would be voted out of office quickly if he brought that up in the crew lounge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

didn't you(DAL) already sign a side letter to let Midwest operate separately, wouldn't all the scope and seats go along with that letter?

General,

didn't you(DAL) already sign a side letter to let Midwest operate separately, wouldn't all the scope and seats go along with that letter?

They did, and they got paid for it.
That is why I say only time will tell

Edit: please remember that person (General Lee) only speaks of what he thinks should happen, he doesn't speak for the entire DALPA pilot group.

Last edited:
The key to that is what you posted operate separately. If Mid Ex started to carry DAL passengers then the scope would kick in. The only way around that would be a code share. If a DAL rep said that I would love to know the name because I would call them out. General speaks for a lot more of us than you may think.

Are they going to do anything to increase the 717's range? I thought it was realistically a 1,200nm jet. For comparison the 737-700 is 5,500 miles. Wouldn't replacing the 737 limit AirTran's ability to fly trans-con's out of Atlanta?

Seems like it would be straightforward to add fuel capacity using the MD80's configuration, and I know there was talk of a 717-300 before Boeing pulled the plug on Long Beach.

The 717 is a nice product for the pax. IFE would make it a better product for longer legs.

the 737-700ER might do 5500 miles........no way on the standard 700.....with a fuel stop maybe.

Last edited:
The key to that is what you posted operate separately. If Mid Ex started to carry DAL passengers then the scope would kick in. The only way around that would be a code share. If a DAL rep said that I would love to know the name because I would call them out. General speaks for a lot more of us than you may think.

Ok dude, good for you and the general.....just for the record....I just said what I heard, I couldn't care less either way, good luck to both the Delta and the Midwest guys.

Last edited:
OK Dude???

Go back and fly your rj leave the negotating and contract regulation to DALPA. I have a lot of friends at Mid Ex and I live in MKE so I don't want to see them go away. Their management should be ashamed of themselves. It makes Leo Mullin era look like a dream.

uh...FlyWolf is not an rj guy, he flys for Midex... probably one of the classiest guys on this board - he remained very level headed during our whole AirTran/Midex merger stuff.

Latest resources

Back