• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is not trying to charge for the Jumpseat like AirTran does. Flyer 2000's post passes the sniff test. Commuters at both airlines are very concerned about the pass benefit changes and seeing as how the majority of flying is now performed by DCI, it is not hard to do the math and figure out who gets harmed the worst in this deal.

I've jumped on AT several times and have not been charged. I guess they just don't like you.

IF I am ever charged a penny to ride a Delta jumpseat, I will ALWAYS find a "reason" to deny a Delta pilot a ride on mine.

ALWAYS.

Great! Another idiot loses a job in aviation for being stupid. That helps clean out the gene pool.

I guarantee he's not the only one here that feels that way.

Are mainline guys gonna do anything about it if we do start getting charged to ride the mainline JS, while Airtran, FedEx, Southwest guys get a free ride....

They might do something if they keep getting denied on DCI JS's......

I've jumped on AT several times and have not been charged. I guess they just don't like you.
I've never been charged either and the AirTran pilots have always been extreemly nice. But, their airline's policy is to charge for everything over 1, which is different than most of their reciprocal agreements.

IF I am ever charged a penny to ride a Delta jumpseat, I will ALWAYS find a "reason" to deny a Delta pilot a ride on mine.

ALWAYS.
Delta pilots had absolutely nothing to do with this. Why you after them - when in fact they are mostly the people responsible for trying to get those who write the software to fix the glitch?

C'mon guys, this has nothing to do with either pilot group. Let's see if it happens, and if it does, let the two jumpseat coordinators deal with it.

Agreed the AT guys are very nice and always give you the time of day. One of their gate agents told me that they stopped charging for the 2nd js and beyond due to the majority of agents just pocketing the cash......

Great! Another idiot loses a job in aviation for being stupid. That helps clean out the gene pool.

Just to play devil's advocate, kindly cite some examples where a captain lost his job for denying an OAL pilot a jumpseat. More typical Double Breasted Arrogance on your part.

Delta pilots had absolutely nothing to do with this. Why you after them - when in fact they are mostly the people responsible for trying to get those who write the software to fix the glitch?

Not so fast, Fins. If DALPA stuck their necks out and demanded that the asinine new pass system was reversed it would happen. But they won't. They filed a lawsuit years ago to STOP us from getting pass benefits with DOH seniority. You are perfectly happy with the system, because it favors you. We pay on you, you don't pay on us. Yeah... that's fair.

No, I do blame the pilots, each and every one of you for allowing this to happen without a fight, and in come cases, cheering it. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be taking lots of extra fuel and will be very weight limited in all of those Florida cities the Delta pilots commute from until this gets changed. I know lots of pilots who will be doing the same.

And to think that you used to support the group suing Delta for equal representation when you wore silver stripes. Then you slip on a Double Breasted jacket and forget all about the little guys. How sad.

Latest resources

Back