• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will be jump seating tomorrow on Skywest and Delta. I will let you all know if I get charged.

And to think that you used to support the group suing Delta for equal representation when you wore silver stripes. Then you slip on a Double Breasted jacket and forget all about the little guys. How sad.

That's a little harsh. I don't think Fins supports the new system, he just doesn't think that the DAL pilots are the ones who should be punished for it. Did you also deny jumpseats to FedEx ALPA members before their company complied with the requirements for CASS so you could ride on them? It doesn't seem right to attack the average DAL pilot trying to get to work or home simply because of something that their company is doing to you.

I have never been charged on AirTran. They are always great unless you have a nazi gate agent (which happens a lot in ATL).

That's a little harsh. I don't think Fins supports the new system, he just doesn't think that the DAL pilots are the ones who should be punished for it. Did you also deny jumpseats to FedEx ALPA members before their company complied with the requirements for CASS so you could ride on them? It doesn't seem right to attack the average DAL pilot trying to get to work or home simply because of something that their company is doing to you.

With all due respect.... there's a lot of history there, and if you didn't work at ASA during the RJDC's heyday then you can't even begin to understand JP's point. IMHO, Fins would have been among the first to be outraged about this issue if he was still on the ASA seniority list, but now that he works for the "mother ship", the shoe is most definitely on the other foot. If I were still at ASA, I wouldn't deny Fins my JS over this issue, but I would take the opportunity to try to get him to explain to me how a chest-thumping RJDC supporter can turn into a self-aggrandizing Deltoid seemingly overnight. My hypocrisy meter is pegged on this one

With all due respect.... there's a lot of history there, and if you didn't work at ASA during the RJDC's heyday then you can't even begin to understand JP's point. IMHO, Fins would have been among the first to be outraged about this issue if he was still on the ASA seniority list, but now that he works for the "mother ship", the shoe is most definitely on the other foot. If I were still at ASA, I wouldn't deny Fins my JS over this issue, but I would take the opportunity to try to get him to explain to me how a chest-thumping RJDC supporter can turn into a self-aggrandizing Deltoid seemingly overnight. My hypocrisy meter is pegged on this one

Exactly.

And speaking to the "history" on this issue, the DMEC filed a grievance in 2000 to strip us of our pass benefits. They have been working to that end ever since. It seems they finally got their wish. Yes, I blame the pilots.

UPS/FDX? Always welcome. They never did anything to me.

Exactly.

And speaking to the "history" on this issue, the DMEC filed a grievance in 2000 to strip us of our pass benefits. They have been working to that end ever since. It seems they finally got their wish. Yes, I blame the pilots.

UPS/FDX? Always welcome. They never did anything to me.

Stop being a baby. The Delta pilots filed a grievance because it was a perceived violation of our contract. Nothing more nothing less. While filing a grievance, they were talking about how better off the pilots would be with a DOH arrangement. Like fins, your delusional history revisionism, serves only to further your agenda of division amongst the pilot groups. LIke fins, it is incorrect.

Not so fast, Fins. If DALPA stuck their necks out and demanded that the asinine new pass system was reversed it would happen. But they won't. They filed a lawsuit years ago to STOP us from getting pass benefits with DOH seniority. You are perfectly happy with the system, because it favors you. We pay on you, you don't pay on us. Yeah... that's fair.

No, I do blame the pilots, each and every one of you for allowing this to happen without a fight, and in come cases, cheering it. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be taking lots of extra fuel and will be very weight limited in all of those Florida cities the Delta pilots commute from until this gets changed. I know lots of pilots who will be doing the same.

And to think that you used to support the group suing Delta for equal representation when you wore silver stripes. Then you slip on a Double Breasted jacket and forget all about the little guys. How sad.

You guys are a bunch of pussies. All of your tough guy antics are so impressive--to yourself. You guys are responsible for the degradation of wages in the industry. How's that?

But, as far as fins goes, I can't argue with you on that one.

You nailed that one with regard to fins. Now the RJDC issue: they got spanked, nothing more nothing less. You gotta love it.

You guys are responsible for the degradation of wages in the industry. How's that?
Who allowed 50 seat, then 70 seat, then 76 seat RJ's to be flown by anyone other than mainline pilots? No one is innocent.

Didn't want to start another thread.

The bid packages coming out on the 10th? Flica says the 12th. The new contract says to come out on the 10th for the Jan. bid package.??

Trip trades daily on 17th? Will this happen??

Latest resources

Back