• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor. American to hire by summer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this MOU passes (on the AAA side) and the merger happens I don't think there will be much hiring for some time. Say 3 to 4 years.

Assuming a merger happens -- If the AAA side approves their MOU then any block hour and min fleet are gone. The scope in the AA side allows for more seats to be outsourced and PBI implementation will shrink needed crews also. Not to mention the stuff about xfering flying and base closures. Toss in the TWA guys who may come back if the SLI is favorable and whatever deal remains for the Eagle guys to come over and it looks like stagnation to me. I'm on the bottom now and will be for a very long time - generation 2 career reserve.

Last edited:
American Eagle publicly stated that 50% of their pilots will flow up to AA in the next 5 years. Of course, that may not happen. But, that is what they are predicting as of today.

cliff
GRB

That's what they told me in 1997 when I interviewed there.

Pretty much. Though I think it will be a bit better than that... As in 5 yrs a grp II f/o is supposed to be making about 2.00/hr less than a current 330 capt.

Last edited:
Anyone know how senior the AA DCA base is and how many are based there? Any chance for a new hire to hold it? I know its a joint base along with IAD and BWI but other than that there doesn't seem to be much talk of it and the type of trips flown. Appreciate the input as I'm looking at possibly moving back from oversea's and living in Maryland again.

Anyone know how senior the AA DCA base is and how many are based there? Any chance for a new hire to hold it? I know its a joint base along with IAD and BWI but other than that there doesn't seem to be much talk of it and the type of trips flown. Appreciate the input as I'm looking at possibly moving back from oversea's and living in Maryland again.
I believe they haave about 250 pilots in the DC tri base. Not sure how senior it is. I'm DCA based w AAA and I believe we new hires on the A320.

I asked that same question of a AA pilot on the employee bus in DCA. He told me it is a bit of both. Top half is very senior, they pretty much will never leave. Bottom half of the list is junior and just waiting to hold something better. Only problem is that DC is not their most junior base. That would be JFK/LGA on the Mad Dog, so even the junior AA pilots in DC are not the bottom of the list like Airways.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back