• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUFM up...Radical Union fundamentalist movement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If every company needs a Union. Then explain why IBM is non Union? I think it's pretty hard to get much larger then them.

I did the Union thing and I still have the knife in my back. Two things drive any Union, GREED and MONEY.

FRACTRASH said:
I did the Union thing and I still have the knife in my back. Two things drive any Union, GREED and MONEY.

Bla bla bla. Nobody cares about your knife in your back. Just go fly your little citation and hop in bed with your mgmt when your done for the day, seeing that YOU have such a nice love relationship with them. That, and THEY will never stab you in ther back either! NOT! What kind of north american slope trip weed are you smoking scooter?

There was a story a number of years ago about a textile plant that burned to the ground before Christmas. The folks were already worried about the outsource problem prevelent in many industries today. The owner not only rebuilt that plant, but paid everyone full salary in the months it took to restart production. I believe a union drive there would have had no chance.

What's my point? I sure don't see that kind of human factor in the aviation business, or many others for that matter. You think IBM is so great, go work there. You think you don't need a union when your company, whatever company, in this business gets big and the top dogs have more greed than sense? Make comparisons that apply to reality.

Pervis said:
There was a story a number of years ago about a textile plant that burned to the ground before Christmas. The folks were already worried about the outsource problem prevelent in many industries today. The owner not only rebuilt that plant, but paid everyone full salary in the months it took to restart production. I believe a union drive there would have had no chance.

What's my point? I sure don't see that kind of human factor in the aviation business, or many others for that matter. You think IBM is so great, go work there. You think you don't need a union when your company, whatever company, in this business gets big and the top dogs have more greed than sense? Make comparisons that apply to reality.

Thanks Pervis! Your completely right!

FRACTRASH said:
If every company needs a Union. Then explain why IBM is non Union? I think it's pretty hard to get much larger then them.

Who said every company needs a union? I'll give you another computer company that treats the workers right- -Dell. Aviation, though, is much more complicated in its work rules and pilots face risks and have responsibilities that many other workers never see. Not to mention that the lifestyle can be difficult and hard on families.

Unions exist to fill a need. Where there's no need, it isn't likely that you will see the workers organizing. For those who can read the writing on the wall, I agree with the insurance analogy. Why wait for things to get worse? You should know from the NJ pilots example that things take time. The longer you wait the more money and QOL you lose.

As for greed, there are some bad apples in every bushel- -everyone knows that. Interestingly enough, however, there is the expression Corporate Greed, but I've never heard of Union Greed. Local 1108 is staffed by NJ pilots working hard for NJ pilots. Active participation by the pilots involved will ensure the local remains responsible and honest. StrongUnion was a grassroots movement with enough leaders to act as a checks and balance system. The other frac pilots are capable of the same kind of organization.

To those who are not satisfied with the status quo, there is an alternative.
I wish you all the best in exploring your options!
Netjetwife

NetJetWife, you are way out of Fractrash's league. The guy can't keep up with us. His last job was apparently a unionized burger joint that stuck a knife in his back and he's now at his first "real job", and nothing anyone can say to him will make him realize how much he doesn't have compared to the Net Jets pilots.

Let him think he's the highest-paid. We don't care. We KNOW the truth. We KNOW which fractional lets their pilots live wherever they want, has 100% paid for benefits. Which one allows you to have legal representation should you need it if the company decides it doesn't like you one day, or you bust an altitude and they get a call from the Feds.

He's the kind of pilot that management loves. These kinds of pilots are too stupid to realize what they don't have. They are making more money than they ever have in their young lives, so life is great. Good for them!

When they have kids, and a wife who does NOT provide their insurance (I bet she pays for her insurance), they may reconsider. Or when their dispatch, due to changes in their company, needs to start treating their pilots like crap because they are at a size that historically has proved that they will have to, then they might change their minds... and 1108 will be there for them.

Don't get me wrong, either. I do not slight the CS guys AT ALL. I'm happy for them, that they were able to reap a benefit from the hard work generated by the Net Jets pilots. I wish Flexjet and my own Flight Options companies would have reciprocated! But the assinine attitude of this guy Fractrash is so childish it makes me sick. He is an embarassment to his fellow pilots - if he does indeed work for them and he's not just some anti-union busting firm's tool. Irrelevant. We see him for what he is, and he's a small, shallow-brained individual who truly does not understand the big picture of Fractional Aviation.

XPguy, you are completely right about fractrash (also, I would add that your statement applies to Bogart and Rocky). These kids are young, immature, insecure and have a lot to learn in life.

Latest resources

Back