• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUFM up...Radical Union fundamentalist movement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XPGuy, I'm quite used to having my role as a wife insulted by those who find themselves losing the debate. I have come to see the rudeness as an indicator of the effectiveness of my posts. If--as they say-- there is absolutely no need for a union at the other frac companies, they wouldn't be concerned with a pilot's wife cheering on other pilots. They are bothered by the fact that I do have a perspective that some find interesting and that I can articulate sound reasons for the other pilots to join 1108. I find it suspicious when others want to prevent a group from exercising their rights. Don't you? It tells me there must be a hidden agenda behind their desperation (insults).

A UNION CARD IS A TICKET TO OPPORTUNITY

A moderator whose family hails from Texas, no less. That's just the kind of Texas spirit I was referring to--a cowboy with manners! :)
Come to think of it, you could fit that description, yourself, Gunfyter! :) :)

My neighbors name is David Crockett. Our sons played Little league baseball for 10 yrs together. His son just made All State from the judson HS football team.

FEAR THIS: J

Judson Rockets! Real Winners of the State Championship in the Friday night lights movie.

Last edited:
"It is a lifestyle that makes many demands on the entire family, which is why I strongly believe that the compensation must justify the sacrifices made by an aviation family."
If compensation does not justify it, there would be no one lining up for the job and the pay would be raised, or, if when raised, the product was no longer saleable, the product cycle would end. This is the essence of supply and demand.

True,

when pay is not hig enough people leave to do other things.

In aviation there is a delay in this happening though. Pilots have invested much in blood sweat and tears and are reluctant to depart the profession. Also there is the effect similar to Minor league baseball where people hang out on the hope they will get drafted to the majors.

Managements take advantage of this....

gunfyter said:
True,

when pay is not hig enough people leave to do other things.

In aviation there is a delay in this happening though. Pilots have invested much in blood sweat and tears and are reluctant to depart the profession. Also there is the effect similar to Minor league baseball where people hang out on the hope they will get drafted to the majors.

Managements take advantage of this....

Gunfyter, if that doesnt sum it up, I dont know what does!

They KNOW us. They have for years. They know our strengths (service excellence, professionalism, dedication). They know our weaknesses (can't reveal them here for security reasons :nuts: ).

It's time pilots started paying attention to what makes THEM tick.

We, as a group, wouldn't get so frustrated and instead would utilize the tools that work to make "them" undestand that labor is no longer a commodity or a widget.

The truth will set you free... sorry, it just will. Hate to burst many of the "I just love flying" bubbles too many pilots have out there.

Sure flying is fun and cool and fullfilling and (fill in the blank) but if it doesn't pay the bills... averaged priced bills... something is wrong.

As I see it Flexjet is all smoke and mirrors!
If a company produces and maintains it's planes along with supplying it's own training to employees the cost is only the bare minimum not what they charge i.e.. Wholesale vs. Retail.
From what I understand the parent company Bombardier charges Flexjet full price and then some for everything! This is hidden profit in that they are taking from one ledger pad and putting it on others so it's harder to see. With the way things are going at Bombardier Flexjet is it's life blood keeping them afloat.
The only red ink will be when Bombardier wants it's employees to stay in line

To all who are closed minded and think they know all there is to know about unions you are foolish not to even be willing to see / hear all your options. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! We are breaking new ground in our industry (fractional) being that it's still in it's infancy. The unions of yesterday are not the union of today but the basic rules of life still hold true. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL! Let us forge our own futures together instead of having it dictated to us without a say in the matter. The questions now are, Are you intelligent enough to gather all the facts not hearsay to be able to make an informed decision? Are you capable of doing your own research and embracing change or are you going sit fat, dumb and happy?
Procrastination is the key to success! Do it and you will fail!

Latest resources

Back