• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, this place is alright if you are an Airbus captain senior to 500 or so. It is a different company after that. Especially for our JetBlue Express operators.

I remember a vastly different Bavarian Chef just a few months back..

I understand that things have changed slightly and as an FO I am not real happy about that either BUT would you rather see the company make smart moves for long term or just throw it all away.. We are still talking 14-16% growth next year..

You will see an FO increase but in the meantime you can choose to be a part of the solution or a part of the problem. What is your choice?

ORD is ready for B6. Breath of fresh air actually.
What ever happened to the Spirit of competition.
Lets see the majors compete with service along with price (the service aspect is conveniently forgotten).

As a flight attendant, you sure would have first hand knowledge of that one, huh putz?

Wrong. Low 1200s. Been hear little over one year. I bet my upgrade to bus ca will be 4-5 years from Jan 2007. That will be 5-6 years at substandard fo wages. Don't forget to factor all of that slowdown in. Why upgrade to the 190? I can make as much as a 320 FO with much more seniority and MUCH less hassle (maint issues, up and down up and down up and down etc etc, uncommutability etc).

Where were you before? I am sure they miss you. It is amazing to hear that someone with a little over 12 months feels cheated or that he/she is owed something.

You argument about the legacies doesn't work here. Even the bankrupt ones pay better and offer better benefits.

Well in that case go back when you get the call, I'll drive you to the train station. Maybe you don't have that option, but I am sure you can find somewhere else to complain?

I guess when you get to upgrade you will be bitchin about the rsv lines....:bawling:

Don't count on any A320 pilots to leave when recalled. I do agree about some leaving from the E190 FO ranks though. I'm with you about pay and benefits. As it takes longer now for upgrades, the FO wages needs to be seriously looked at to make sure we are competitive with other carriers. I think our management will "do the right thing" and you'll see those adjustments made here soon.

We all got a 30% pay increase after 9/11 and it may be time to see some increases now as the market will allow. It's pretty hard to get raises when you're not making money. Financially, 2007 looks like a good year.

First two year's FO pay at JB are competitatve. 3-5 years down the road needs improvement. Maybe someday, we'll all have SWA parity.

JB FO A320 1st year $51, 2nd year $56
JB FO E190 1st year $37, 2nd year $40
NWA DC9 1st year $30, 2nd year $57
Delta 737 1st year $48, 2nd year $66
UAUA 737 1st year $31, 2nd year $50
LCC E190 1st year $41, 2nd year $44
AAI FO 1st year $43, 2nd year $56
SWA FO 1st year $52, 2nd year $88

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines.html

I know of two in my class that will leave the Airbus when they can. It is happening. Plenty of my 190 classmates are pretty fed up with the whole 190 side. Upgrade times were what kept dudes coming to jetblue and allowed us to stomach historically low payscales and inadequate benefits. Long upgrades coupled with long reserve times put a dent in salaries and earnings potential across the board.

I remember a vastly different Bavarian Chef just a few months back..

I understand that things have changed slightly and as an FO I am not real happy about that either BUT would you rather see the company make smart moves for long term or just throw it all away.. We are still talking 14-16% growth next year..

You will see an FO increase but in the meantime you can choose to be a part of the solution or a part of the problem. What is your choice?

You are right, I am a little different. Yet I do my job like everyone else. And I do it well. I owe the company that. But what I do has no bearing on whether we are profitable or not. Come on boys, let's not pretend all is well at jb.

I guess when you get to upgrade you will be bitchin about the rsv lines....:bawling:

Why wouldn't I? Reserve at jb is horrendous, cs is horrendous. But then only those on reserve or those that have stood reserve in the last two years know that. Your comment, the classic purse slap, has no real point. If you want to pretend that all is well at jb, then go right ahead.

Jb would be a good job if it weren't for the pay and benefits and underwater options and scheduling "guidelines" ... well it would be a good job. Not great. Just good. No epiphanies here.

And I never said I was cheated or was owed something. Those were your words, maybe you inferred it from my tone. All I did was state my opinion on the current state at jb, an opinion shared by many on our own little mess of a website.

If you and others think there is light at the end of the tunnel, then I am happy for you to be able to see that far ahead in the future. Jb is a very risky place to be right now, IMHO. Take it or leave it. It's not an indictment of you or any other jb pilot that thinks otherwise.

Good day.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I? Reserve at jb is horrendous, cs is horrendous. But then only those on reserve or those that have stood reserve in the last two years know that. Your comment, the classic purse slap, has no real point. If you want to pretend that all is well at jb, then go right ahead.

Jb would be a good job if it weren't for the pay and benefits and underwater options and scheduling "guidelines" ... well it would be a good job. Not great. Just good. No epiphanies here.

And I never said I was cheated or was owed something. Those were your words, maybe you inferred it from my tone. All I did was state my opinion on the current state at jb, an opinion shared by many on our own little mess of a website.

If you and others think there is light at the end of the tunnel, then I am happy for you to be able to see that far ahead in the future. Jb is a very risky place to be right now, IMHO. Take it or leave it. It's not an indictment of you or any other jb pilot that thinks otherwise.

Good day.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass then.....

Chef,
If your number is around the 1200 range your pay is no lower than when you were hired and your med is costing you a little more this year.
Did you not do any research prior to accepting the job? None of your friends told you what to expect?
Welcome to the airline industry! Sh*t changes on a daily basis.

Latest resources

Back