• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correction on the A-320 upgrade time
6.6 X 178 A-320 = 1175 A-320 Captains
7.2 X 178 A-320 = 1281 A -320 Captains
You pick the crew ratio!
If you are lower than 1300, you will NEVER upgrade on the A-320. The 1300 seniority level is going lower and lower depending on how many airplanes we sell to RTP. Established carriers have retirements, we do not.
Just simple math! I feel for you guys at the lower end of the seniority list. Something has to be done about FO compensation. We cannot afford to lose a bunch of pilots to other carriers.

If the projections for a/c #'s are accurate,(which doesn't include another terror attack or oil reaching $100 a barrel) It is quite feasible that the 320 capt seniority numbers will hit 1600 plus by 2011, but I am sure you might find a quicker path to the left seat elsewhere! and yes that takes into consideration of slowed growth and retiring of older a/c.

I know I know, you wanted to upgrade in 11 months right! ;)

If the projections for a/c #'s are accurate,(which doesn't include another terror attack or oil reaching $100 a barrel) It is quite feasible that the 320 capt seniority numbers will hit 1600 plus by 2011, but I am sure you might find a quicker path to the left seat elsewhere! and yes that takes into consideration of slowed growth and retiring of older a/c.

so where are your numbers? nice way of calling selling airplanes, retiring older aircraft. you so funny.stop being so condescending. nowhere have I stated I thought I was owed anything, that I expected an 11 month upgrade or that I didn't understand seniority. you continue to miss the point.

Last edited:
Hey Bavarian Chef:

A question for you: Is this your first airline? (Someone asked you a few posts ago. You didn't answer.) If so, ask any one of your former union member co-workers about how well a union treated them at their last carrier. It's just not so simple as *hocus pocus* we've got a union, then *poof* everything associated with scheduling, reserve and work rules are all better. It's a negotiated give and take. But there is some "take."

UA had one hell of a contract prior to 9/11. Afterwards, "Here's your furlough notice. No hard feelings." Live by the sword--die by the sword.

Cheers,

SCR

the union didn't furlough those pilots, the company did.first airline, but been union before in a different field. should we not want a union because there were some alpa members that were furloughed? you telling me unions aren't worth it in any case?better yet -- you think jb management would be willing to negotiate towards better pay and benefits if we all stopped whining pro and con on bp.com and actually united ourselves behind one coherent position? nah, 1700 emails with 1700 opinions will do the trick. it has to. it's the jb way.

the union didn't furlough those pilots, the company did.first airline, but been union before in a different field. should we not want a union because there were some alpa members that were furloughed? you telling me unions aren't worth it in any case?better yet -- you think jb management would be willing to negotiate towards better pay and benefits if we all stopped whining pro and con on bp.com and actually united ourselves behind one coherent position? nah, 1700 emails with 1700 opinions will do the trick. it has to. it's the jb way.

Please stop your public sob story of how bad you have it.

You keep mentioning bluepilots.com let me guess are you one of the 4 idiots that seem to sling their venom nonstop on that board? I went there for my first time today.. What a waste.. Almost as much of a waste as doing the same thing here on flight info..

Company Captain FO FO/Capt %

American 161 109 67%
Contin 144 98 68%
delta 149 102 68%
Northwest 159 108 67%
United 131 90 68%
US Air 138 91 65%
SWA 191 131 66%
Jetblue 150 89 59%

Where do you get these #'s. If you are comparing the A-320 to Continental 737 you must have pulled out the 300/500 scale because our comparable 800/900 aircraft pay a higher rate than you posted. It is 163 I believe at year 12. Thanks
IAHERJ

Please stop your public sob story of how bad you have it.

It's we, not me. And keep your PMs to yourself, blue brother, but thanks for wishing me well ...

I know I know, you wanted to upgrade in 11 months right!
;)

so where are your numbers? nice way of calling selling airplanes, retiring older aircraft. you so funny.stop being so condescending. nowhere have I stated I thought I was owed anything, that I expected an 11 month upgrade or that I didn't understand seniority. you continue to miss the point.

The top post wasn't directed at you, but you seem to be a bit touchy about the 11 month thing? I don't think I missed your point.
Correct me here, you have never worked at an airline before?
You have never experienced a rsv system?
You expected things to be Rosy during the launch of a brand new a/c never flown in passenger service before?
Your expectations were higher and you feel that now you made a bad choice in coming to B6?
If you are in the 1200 range you are not on rsv unless you choose to be or you are on the bus?
As far as I know 190 upgrades may hit your # around Feb or March?(oh wait you will be back on rsv) Where else does it happen that fast Mesa?

If I sound condescending it is because you and many others went into this with a choice,320 or 190 you made it so now live with it or move on. Frankly I am tired of all the whining from guys on the property less than a year.

Aside from all that I think a 190 rate adjustment is imminent.

You keep mentioning bluepilots.com let me guess are you one of the 4 idiots that seem to sling their venom nonstop on that board? I went there for my first time today.. What a waste.. Almost as much of a waste as doing the same thing here on flight info..

Nope. Only 20 posts in 9 months. But what part of the things I said could be characterized as "venom" or "idiotic"? Do you people lose you civility on purpose or just because I happened to talk about some of what really is going on at jb? Go reread all of my posts on this board if you want. I have defended JB plenty of times and have said many complimentary things about the company. Either way, I am free to offer my opinion as you are to sling mud at it and as a reservist I wouldn't have it any other way.

One last question and I am done: If you had been at SWA when they first organized, would you have resisted it? Don't you think the union has worked out for SWA? Isn't there the same potential at jb?

The top post wasn't directed at you, but you seem to be a bit touchy about the 11 month thing? I don't think I missed your point.
Correct me here, you have never worked at an airline before?
You have never experienced a rsv system?
You expected things to be Rosy during the launch of a brand new a/c never flown in passenger service before?
Your expectations were higher and you feel that now you made a bad choice in coming to B6?
If you are in the 1200 range you are not on rsv unless you choose to be or you are on the bus?
As far as I know 190 upgrades may hit your # around Feb or March?(oh wait you will be back on rsv) Where else does it happen that fast Mesa?

If I sound condescending it is because you and many others went into this with a choice,320 or 190 you made it so now live with it or move on. Frankly I am tired of all the whining from guys on the property less than a year.

Aside from all that I think a 190 rate adjustment is imminent.

Read my profile to find out what airplane I am on. Pretty simple, may actually negate this last post.

I love that last part about the "guys on property less than a year." What was I thinking? We already have a union at jb. Who cares about the bottom 500 or so.

Look I am outta this one. I have better things to do. You dudes act like I killed your cat.

Latest resources

Back