• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Giggle all you want now, but after the losses continue quarter after quarter, it will not be funny anymore. The JBLU quarterly earnings call will continue to be a game of "guess the excuse." What will be the excuses for the losses throughout the winter? Poor weather? Increased ATC delays? Let me guess, everything except poor management. Our CEO and COO are the only Major Airline management team still in place since 9/11-- I'd say they're committed to doing a good job, not selling us out and taking their millions like the others have...

If you think I am the lone ranger when it comes to being a JBLU hater, you should check out the union board. The vast majority has a seething hatred of a group that comes out weekly with new and innovative ways to whore out the profession. You're not the only lone ranger, but you ought to point your finger in the direction of the Freedoms, Mesas and the Republics who've driven the profession down faster and harder. Last I looked at pay scales, I do better than a UA captain flying the same equipment and I don't have to work 85-90 hours and get only 13 days off...

Speaking of which....how do you guys have time to post so much on here? Shouldn't you be out doing back to back trans-cons? If any of your flight attendants fall asleep due to fatigue on the trip, be sure to fire them. When you have 1700 pilots with laptops and wireless capability, it's not hard to understand why we have the time or the means.

God bless the "5 year contract." So far how many pilots have been released at their five year point, ahhh let me count here, ahhh, ZERO!!!! Lighten up Francis!!

Giggle all you want now, but after the losses continue quarter after quarter, it will not be funny anymore.

Frank... I generally find you amusing in a sick sort of way. But you are starting to speak like a zealot. You are loosing your charm.

Stick with the witty bantor, you are much better at it than the spewing of venom.

Ok... I gotta get off the boards and figure out how to single handedly whore out the profession some more.

ORD is ready for B6. Breath of fresh air actually.
What ever happened to the Spirit of competition.
Lets see the majors compete with service along with price (the service aspect is conveniently forgotten).

Don't forget to calculate retirement.....

Lowering the bar?

After a legacy pilot averages in his paycheck value while on furlough and strike, I wonder who makes more money over a 20+ career...

....even so, if the A and B plans survive in to retirement. The legacy pilot will have made much more than the LCC pilot and will have flown less hours. Not a proud fact, just a fact.

Which one of you jb pirates thinks the 320 upgrade is three years? Are you kidding me?

I bet it is 5-6 years for me at a 10/month rate. The 190 thing is gonna screw everything up when the fence goes down.

I guess it depends when you were hired. You must be a new hire if I figure my math correctly around line number 1450ish. If you had 600 FO's in front of ya, how long do you think it would take to upgrade at NWA or UAUA or LCC or Delta right now. More like 10-15 years at legacies as most have negative growth and only upgrades to fill retirements. Then again, I don't think you'd be a new hire there since they aren't hiring. Even SWA upgrades are running 5-6 years. If you really wanted a fourth stripe, you can take an E190 upgrade in 1-2 years. There are many pilots who'd love to have the so called problem you seem have here at JB.

Last edited:
I guess it depends when you were hired. You must be a new hire if I figure my math correctly around line number 1450ish. If you had 600 FO's in front of ya, how long do you think it would take to upgrade at NWA or UAUA or LCC or Delta right now. More like 10-15 years at legacies as most have negative growth and only upgrades to fill retirements. Then again, I don't think you'd be a new hire there since they aren't hiring. Even SWA upgrades are running 5-6 years. If you really wanted a fourth stripe, you can take an E190 upgrade in 1-2 years. There are many pilots who'd love to have the so called problem you seem have here at JB.

Wrong. Low 1200s. Been hear little over one year. I bet my upgrade to bus ca will be 4-5 years from Jan 2007. That will be 5-6 years at substandard fo wages. Don't forget to factor all of that slowdown in. Why upgrade to the 190? I can make as much as a 320 FO with much more seniority and MUCH less hassle (maint issues, up and down up and down up and down etc etc, uncommutability etc).

You argument about the legacies doesn't work here. Even the bankrupt ones pay better and offer better benefits.

As for the ones that are willing to have my problem, it's called a ponzi scheme.

One bright spot though -- there will be plenty of pilots leaving or being recalled (2 in my class gone already, 2 more soon to follow) so maybe we will all upgrade from attrition.

You know, this place is alright if you are an Airbus captain senior to 500 or so. It is a different company after that. Especially for our JetBlue Express operators.

Chef

just a question; why don't you leave. If your disgusted with B6 it would seem logical to punch out. You talk like your entitled to something? Am I missing something, An entrepreneur started a business and offered to pay you a salary that you accepted? Make no mistake, you "work for the man". If your disgusted about pay, benefits ect... go start an airline or better yet jump into Real Estate, it's a great way to make a Lot of money. Just an observation

Wrong. Low 1200s. Been hear little over one year. I bet my upgrade to bus ca will be 4-5 years from Jan 2007. That will be 5-6 years at substandard fo wages. Don't forget to factor all of that slowdown in. Why upgrade to the 190? I can make as much as a 320 FO with much more seniority and MUCH less hassle (maint issues, up and down up and down up and down etc etc, uncommutability etc).

You argument about the legacies doesn't work here. Even the bankrupt ones pay better and offer better benefits.

As for the ones that are willing to have my problem, it's called a ponzi scheme.

One bright spot though -- there will be plenty of pilots leaving or being recalled (2 in my class gone already, 2 more soon to follow) so maybe we will all upgrade from attrition.

Don't count on any A320 pilots to leave when recalled. I do agree about some leaving from the E190 FO ranks though. I'm with you about pay and benefits. As it takes longer now for upgrades, the FO wages needs to be seriously looked at to make sure we are competitive with other carriers. I think our management will "do the right thing" and you'll see those adjustments made here soon.

We all got a 30% pay increase after 9/11 and it may be time to see some increases now as the market will allow. It's pretty hard to get raises when you're not making money. Financially, 2007 looks like a good year.

First two year's FO pay at JB are competitatve. 3-5 years down the road needs improvement. Maybe someday, we'll all have SWA parity.

JB FO A320 1st year $51, 2nd year $56
JB FO E190 1st year $37, 2nd year $40
NWA DC9 1st year $30, 2nd year $57
Delta 737 1st year $48, 2nd year $66
UAUA 737 1st year $31, 2nd year $50
LCC E190 1st year $41, 2nd year $44
AAI FO 1st year $43, 2nd year $56
SWA FO 1st year $52, 2nd year $88

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines.html

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back