• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bottom line is, JBLU (with low costs) is not making money. JBLU is going to keep expanding into money losing scenarios. Legacies are going to keep pounding them. There is no getting around this.

Employee "problems" have already begun. Pilot upgrade opportunities slowing down significantly. EMB pay rates gnawing away at pilots stuck in that plane. Unions will be on property in the next couple of years. Wait until mass defections begin when all of the legacies start recalling at full steam.

JBLU has nothing going for it anymore. Even the press reporters that were slobbering all over JBLU a year or two ago are now turning againsed it asking questions about long term survivability. Now you are just left with losers like lowecur to pump your Hindenburg up. Sad.

JBLU = People Express

The bottom line is, JBLU (with low costs) is not making money...... JBLU has nothing going for it anymore. Even the press reporters that were slobbering all over JBLU a year or two ago are now turning againsed it asking questions about long term survivability. Now you are just left with losers like lowecur to pump your Hindenburg up. Sad.

JBLU = People Express

Frankie,

Look what has happened to you!

Remember when you showed ol' General Seawell how to make money in stocks at his great expense. Those were the good old days when your financial prowess was almost unmatched in the business. Now, you sound like just another ignorant airline pilot that got his business education from watching cnbc.

What a shame to see you've turned into such a financial dolt.

BTW, have you noticed that JBLU stock is up over 5% today and almost 40% in the last 30 days. I bet the smart money people know something you don't. HaHaHaHa!

And so it begins.

The legacies, flush with money, are now going to really turn the screws to JBLU. Wherever JBLU tries to "expand" to, the legacies will be there waiting to drop their fares to loss-leader levels.

Oh but that's OK for JBLU. They don't need to make money. That won't hurt them at all.

You JBLU cheerleaders keep whistling past the graveyard. Keep an eye out for that tombstone with People Express written on it.

And so it begins:

The legacies come back.. Pilots are pissed at lower pay and benes, work slowdowns, sick calls, informational picketing, strikes, cancellations, etc etc etc.. Management decides to drop $10 mil to combat this guy on that route and 20mil on the other before you know it you have another major spending 500,000,000 per year to fight with everyone, a pilot group with a new contract that will cost the company 2 billion more per year, throw in the a few bad quarters and some golden parachutes for management and the 10 year cycle repeats itself

The bottom line is, JBLU (with low costs) is not making money. JBLU is going to keep expanding into money losing scenarios. Legacies are going to keep pounding them. There is no getting around this.

Employee "problems" have already begun. Pilot upgrade opportunities slowing down significantly. EMB pay rates gnawing away at pilots stuck in that plane. Unions will be on property in the next couple of years. Wait until mass defections begin when all of the legacies start recalling at full steam.

JBLU has nothing going for it anymore. Even the press reporters that were slobbering all over JBLU a year or two ago are now turning againsed it asking questions about long term survivability. Now you are just left with losers like lowecur to pump your Hindenburg up. Sad.

JBLU = People Express

I took the time to review Frank's posts from this past year. He has bashed JBLU, UAUA, AA, and Airtran to just name a few-- but he hates JBLU with a ferver. My conclusion: He was an abused child....

The bottom line is, JBLU (with low costs) is not making money. Francis, a 25% increase in PRASM year over year in October is a good indication that they are making money. JBLU is going to keep expanding into money losing scenarios. Legacies are going to keep pounding them. There is no getting around this. I think they not only got around it, but stepped on your grapes in the process. Oooo, I bet that felt good.

Employee "problems" have already begun. Pilot upgrade opportunities slowing down significantly. EMB pay rates gnawing away at pilots stuck in that plane. Unions will be on property in the next couple of years. Wait until mass defections begin when all of the legacies start recalling at full steam.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JBLU has nothing going for it anymore. Even the press reporters that were slobbering all over JBLU a year or two ago are now turning againsed it asking questions about long term survivability. Now you are just left with winners like lowecur to pump your Hindenburg up. Sad. It has been reported that Jetblue 190 pilots are jumping from their driveways to the swales in mass numbers. Many have reported sprained toes and ankles and have called in sick. My guess is the airline will not put up with this much longer, and will cancel all future orders and sell the remaining a/c. They will probably reorder new a/c through Eclipse where they are guaranteed to fill the planes and maintain reasonable flt crew pay. JBLU = People Express

:pimp:​

The bottom line is, JBLU (with low costs) is not making money. JBLU is going to keep expanding into money losing scenarios. Legacies are going to keep pounding them. There is no getting around this. Just like SONG pounded on JB.

Employee "problems" have already begun. Pilot upgrade opportunities slowing down significantly. EMB pay rates gnawing away at pilots stuck in that plane. Unions will be on property in the next couple of years. Wait until mass defections begin when all of the legacies start recalling at full steam. There are no "problems" at other carriers. Just JetBlue. Pilot upgrades are slowing to over 3 years on the A320 and over 1.5 years on the E190. What are the upgrade times where you fly? Unions were thrown off the property this year by our ground workers. The vote wasn't close.

JBLU has nothing going for it anymore. Even the press reporters that were slobbering all over JBLU a year or two ago are now turning againsed it asking questions about long term survivability. Now you are just left with losers like lowecur to pump your Hindenburg up. Sad. Investors have absolutely missed the boat in buying JB stock over the past two weeks. What are they smoking?

JBLU = People Express

Frank Lorenzo = Eastern Airlines

You're both already history. JBLU on the otherhand is doing just fine.

Mass defections? I've turned down my NWA recall. However, I've thought it over hard about whether or not to go back:

TOP TEN REASONS I'D GO BACK TO NWA.

10. I dig the 65 year old flight attendants. (Sorry grandma)
9. I miss wearing a hat. (I know, not required anymore)
8. I'd maybe get a chance to fly E190s with NWA colors at Compass!
7. I miss the steam gage flying on the Diesel-9. (Initial heading please)
6. First class meals are better than my lunch bag. (Sorry honey)
5. I'd get a chance to fly the DC-10. (Darn, you're retiring them?)
4. International flying baby!
3. My frozen pension worth $2.00/month for life!
2. I'd rather trade my top 10% seniority for the bottom 10% at NWA.

And drum roll. The number one reason to go back to NWA. TWO WORDS!

1. DWANE WOERTH! (What, he's not ALPA prez anymore?)

Last edited:
You'll fill them...............but at a loss.

Especially, with those taxi times and high percentage of delays at BOTH JFK and ORD.

The gas alone will make that route unprofitable.

Nah...after a long taxi people in the back will have to swipe their credit cards for the ORD gas surcharge, otherwise "back to the gate!" after two hours out there I would start "swiping " myself!

Yeah, we're screwed in ORD. This will be the first airport that we fly into that has delays and where the competition will match our fares. Start the taps now, we're done......... :)

Which one of you jb pirates thinks the 320 upgrade is three years? Are you kidding me?

I bet it is 5-6 years for me at a 10/month rate. The 190 thing is gonna screw everything up when the fence goes down.

Giggle all you want now, but after the losses continue quarter after quarter, it will not be funny anymore. The JBLU quarterly earnings call will continue to be a game of "guess the excuse." What will be the excuses for the losses throughout the winter? Poor weather? Increased ATC delays? Let me guess, everything except poor management.

If you think I am the lone ranger when it comes to being a JBLU hater, you should check out the union board. The vast majority has a seething hatred of a group that comes out weekly with new and innovative ways to whore out the profession.

Speaking of which....how do you guys have time to post so much on here? Shouldn't you be out doing back to back trans-cons? If any of your flight attendants fall asleep due to fatigue on the trip, be sure to fire them.

God bless the "5 year contract."

Latest resources

Back