• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RP buys Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait. Tomorrow, there will be another 40 post thread about the same topic. And the next day, and the next, and the next, until either it happens, or someone else buys Comair.

Ok guys. Looks like i jumped the gun. I will be tying myself up to a pole in the town square of Cedar Creek, Florida tomorrow at noon EDT.

My appologies to you all. This was not meant as flame and i will have several extra heapings of crow.

Keep the dirty side down.

SXMp2c said:
Ok guys. Looks like i jumped the gun. I will be tying myself up to a pole in the town square of Cedar Creek, Florida tomorrow at noon EDT.

My appologies to you all. This was not meant as flame and i will have several extra heapings of crow.

Hey, rumors are free on Flightinfo (sorta!) and worth every penny of it. No harm done: if it wasn't for the BS on here there'd be very little point in stopping by.

SXMp2c said:

It just isn't going to happen until the labor groups take their cut. Then it will happen.

SXMp2c said:

I told you ya are a frickin poser. What a tool.... you need to get yourself some Fa-gina and quit makin up stuff here

Asshat

Republic Secures Follow-On Business With US Airways
Aviation Daily
07/25/2006, page 06

Lori Ranson

Republic Airways Holdings has brokered a deal with US Airways that allows the company to potentially source 20 of the planes it needs for its new deal with Continental and finalizes additional flying from its Tempe, Ariz.-based partner for 30 additional 86-seat Embraer 175s.

Discussions surrounding Republic's flying larger planes for US Airways have been taking place over the last couple of months (DAILY , May 9), and once they concluded, US Airways transferred to Republic the right to buy 30 planes from Embraer that were part of the airframer's amended deal with US Airways.

The 175s are slated to replace 20 50-seat Embraer ERJ-145s Republic subsidiary Chautauqua flies as US Airways Express, with the 10 remaining aircraft pegged to replace other retiring planes in US Airways' fleet or to limited growth in 2008.

Analysts at Raymond James believe Republic will use the ERJ-145s exiting its US Airways flying for its new deal with Continental, which entails flying 44 planes as Continental Express, with "the remaining 24 aircraft likely to be sourced from used CRJ-200s currently available in the after-market." All the planes flown by Republic's subsidiaries -- Republic Airlines, Chautauqua and Shuttle America -- are Embraer aircraft.

The analysts also estimate Republic "took a slight haircut" on previously agreed operating margins to lock in the business with Continental. Chautauqua starts flights as Continental Express in January 2007.

Republic plans to fly the 86-seat Embraer 175s for US Airways in a single class configuration. Those planes are scheduled to enter service in 2007, with a planned delivery schedule of one to two planes per month through the summer of 2008. -LR

"All the planes flown by Republic's subsidiaries -- Republic Airlines, Chautauqua and Shuttle America -- are Embraer aircraft."

This statement seems to lend as much credence. They listed all of their subsidiaries, and said they are only flying Embraer aircraft. Who then, will be flying the CRJ's?

Perhaps this is just a slip of the PR person writing the story.

bvt1151 said:
"All the planes flown by Republic's subsidiaries -- Republic Airlines, Chautauqua and Shuttle America -- are Embraer aircraft."

This statement seems to lend as much credence. They listed all of their subsidiaries, and said they are only flying Embraer aircraft. Who then, will be flying the CRJ's?

Perhaps this is just a slip of the PR person writing the story.

As of right NOW... That statement is 100% accurate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back