RP buys Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bvt1151 said:
The only downside is the seniority merger, which would be ugly, but only because we'd fight tooth and nail to prevent from being screwed.

So would we, pal. So would we. :uzi:

AirBill said:
So would we, pal. So would we. :uzi:

Preventing us from being screwed does not mean we're out to screw you. Last time this rumor came up, you saw the word "staple" more than you did "merger"

bvt1151 said:
-

The only downside is the seniority merger, which would be ugly, but only because we'd fight tooth and nail to prevent from being screwed.

BVT,

1st off, this is a premature rumor. Nothing will be done until the Comair F/A's finish their court dates.
Mesa is more likely to be your Daddy than RP. Although the reduction in MCO and the HUGE increase in CVG is suspicious to all involved.

I think you are forgetting the BIG picture. The rumor is you are being BOUGHT. This is not a merger.
Using the Shuttle integration as a model (and we liked those guys), it doesn't fair well for you guys, senior or not.
You are correct on one thing, if it happens, it will be UGLY.

Just for the record, the CHQ MEC/MESA & Comair met last week for a meeting of the minds. (ASA might have been there as well)

ERJDRVR said:
BVT,

1st off, this is a premature rumor. Nothing will be done until the Comair F/A's finish their court dates.
Mesa is more likely to be your Daddy than RP. Although the reduction in MCO and the HUGE increase in CVG is suspicious to all involved.

I think you are forgetting the BIG picture. The rumor is you are being BOUGHT. This is not a merger.
Using the Shuttle integration as a model (and we liked those guys), it doesn't fair well for you guys, senior or not.
You are correct on one thing, if it happens, it will be UGLY.

Just for the record, the CHQ MEC/MESA & Comair met last week for a meeting of the minds. (ASA might have been there as well)

Slow down there, preacher-man. Someone asked why I thought it would be good for Comair, and I replied. There's always someone who thinks they can be the voice of reason, but doesn't read the entire thread.

I still think this rumor is hogwash, but it doesn't stop the discussion.
I'd look more towards the future America-West/USAirways integration than the pitiful SA/CHQ integration, if "integration" is what you'd call it. This time you won't be able to simply push over a pilot group that's larger than you.

As for the meeting of minds, what exactly did they do besides agree to meet again? There's an entire thread on that meeting and how it has once again accomplished nothing. No relation to this rumor.

Don't think its gonna happen...RAH is leveraged enough as it is, can their balance sheet really afford more debt in buying Comair? What price would Delta charge (I'd bet a helluva lot less than the 01 strike cost...)

Still nothing on Yahoo Finance...

Latest resources

Back