• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rough times at United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now if i may....... i am not totally schooled on this subject but have a grasp of it. if i am not mistaken was there not hundreds of CAL pilots who crossed the line, should they die too? When another airline undercuts another for their regional routes, and ALPA pilots get laid off or a bad schedule becuase of downsizing, isn't that scabbing, but sanctioned by aLPa because its done by another ALPA carrier??????/ Think about it buddy. I once while a new hire was told that during a pending strike I and my other class mates were instructed to still come to work and finish training, but not, repeat not conduct a revenue flight. That is what was said, and in the back of the union meeting a few were saying that they would slash tires of anyone coming to the training center................anyone. Knowing full well we were instructed to be there, by our union. to that I said anyone slashing my tires would lose thier medical......and maybe the ability to function as a normal person because of the beating i would give him. It never happened, but i assure you, i would have stopped at nothing to hurt him.

that said, police ALPA and its double standard before you knock someone for making a decision to make a living for his or her family.

PS can anyone tell me where this list is??????

Obviously you're not schooled in this. The hundreds of CAL pilots who scabbed should never be forgotten and I think it's a travesty that ALPA has let some of them back in. Scabbing is crossing a legal picket line and performing whatever duties the union decided BEFORE the strike were not to be performed. Everyone knows the score before the strike starts. Scabbing has nothing to do with getting laid off or a bad schedule due to some other issue. Sounds to me like the union laid out the rules for you and you would have been okay abiding by them. The rougue idiots in the back of the room threatening tires were wrong. That's not ALPA's fault.

There are plenty of ways to make a living for your family. That's never an excuse for scabbing.

Last edited:
Back to the original issue:
I'll bet he's one of the HUNDREDS of scabs at that airline. That guy probably would have stiffed the driver pre-paycut. It shouldn't (and doesn't) reflect badly on the good guys there.

The 17 scabs at Fedex should thank God every day that the general pilot population at Fedex doesn't seem to care that they're on the property. When I got to Fedex, I couldn't believe they didn't even have a list!! If those 17 were at UAL, they would dread coming to work (as it should be.)

The issue of Scabs ia an issue of principle...could you not have shown some of that by not joining an airline that actively employs the above.

No offense...just wondering.

fv

All I can say is, wow. It only took about 20 threads for this tool to re-direct this thread towards another SCAB problem. It only took me a few seconds to figure out you were a prior military fighter-type guy. I bet your a ball to work with.

You may want to take your frustrations out with your company's union about your company's problems.

WTF is your problem? I am a ball to work with as long as you're not a scab. All I did was bring up the possibility that the UAL pilot, who was the subject of this first post in this thread, might have been a scab. In my experience there, most of the pilots who pulled that kind of crap or some other questionable behavior, ended up being on the scab list. The guy who started the thread wasn't looking to generate a "should we tip or not" discussion. Seemed to me he wanted to throw an indictment toward all UAL pilots just because one idiot stiffed the van driver.

So, the real problem is you have a problem with "prior military fighter pilots". What are you, another frustrated FAIP with a bad attitude? Should have done a little better at UPT - that ain't my fault, Napoleon.

BTW - "threads" are the groups of "posts" on FI. This one is titled "Rough times at United". So, it took 20 "posts" for me to turn the "thread" toward scabs. When you make a statement like, “I'll bet you are a ball to work with” - and you choose to shorten it with a contraction, the "you" and the "are" go together to make "you're" - not "your".

Have a nice day, little man.

The issue of Scabs ia an issue of principle...could you not have shown some of that by not joining an airline that actively employs the above.

No offense...just wondering.

fv

I didn't "join" an airline. I was hired by a successful company with great pay/benefits. So, the fact that less than 1% of the pilots at Fedex have shown they have no principles means I should blow off that opportunity? Yeah, I guess the other 4862 pilots who didn't scab should quit on principle. :rolleyes:

I didn't "join" an airline. I was hired by a successful company with great pay/benefits. So, the fact that less than 1% of the pilots at Fedex have shown they have no principles means I should blow off that opportunity? Yeah, I guess the other 4862 pilots who didn't scab should quit on principle. :rolleyes:

How did you guys end up with 17 scabs?

If we don't tip, the public will get the impression pilots don't make enormous salaries to go along with their 27 days off a month.:rolleyes:

I use the "load a bag = $1" principle.

Latest resources

Back