• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rough times at United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing how people forget the very jobs that helped them through college or flight school with this worthless post. Instead of thinking small like a piker, why dont you guys go and get the money you deserve to be paid instead of trying to pass the buck to a Van Driver or waitress who is struggling just to make it toward their goal. Get off your arses and go to your Union Meetings.. Get involved.

You could stop tipping all year and thats still not going to make up for the current disparity between what airline pilots are worth and what they are actually paid.

Amazing how people forget the very jobs that helped them through college or flight school with this worthless post. Instead of thinking small like a piker, why dont you guys go and get the money you deserve to be paid instead of trying to pass the buck to a Van Driver or waitress who is struggling just to make it toward their goal. Get off your arses and go to your Union Meetings.. Get involved.

You could stop tipping all year and thats still not going to make up for the current disparity between what airline pilots are worth and what they are actually paid.

Ummm, let's see... I worked at a fast food joint as a kid... no tip jar. These days it seems that you can't swing a dead cat in a retail store without knocking over a tip jar. I'm all for tipping for quality service and I think most folks who have posted agree about posting waitresses/maids, but please spare me the sob stories about the kid at Starbucks (who has better medical benefits than most pilots) that needs my dollar to help get him/her through college.

F/A's at my airline tip out to van drivers, for the most part. I tip out every time if I got a "single." If I don't, then I tell them I'll catch them next time. I've also taken a 60% pay cut, but I won't take it out on the van drivers.

Your per diem is for "meals and incidentals."

I can't believe how cheap some of you are.

Thirded. What is the latest tipping guidance for humans (i.e., not airline pilots), anyway? Last I heard it was a dollar a bag.

Times must be rough at United.. A Cpt. stiffed the van driver this morning in BOS..
Grabbed his bags and ran.. The F/O did the right thing and so did we the under paid cargo crew.. not even good enough for a good morning greeting from the cpt.. we covered him..Ill bet the van wont pick United up first after this..
I bet he even claims tips on his taxes..

Back to the original issue:
I'll bet he's one of the HUNDREDS of scabs at that airline. That guy probably would have stiffed the driver pre-paycut. It shouldn't (and doesn't) reflect badly on the good guys there.

The 17 scabs at Fedex should thank God every day that the general pilot population at Fedex doesn't seem to care that they're on the property. When I got to Fedex, I couldn't believe they didn't even have a list!! If those 17 were at UAL, they would dread coming to work (as it should be.)

idiot......just a short sighted person

I'll bet he's one of the HUNDREDS of scabs at that airline. That guy probably would have stiffed the driver pre-paycut. It shouldn't (and doesn't) reflect badly on the good guys there.

The 17 scabs at Fedex should thank God every day that the general pilot population at Fedex doesn't seem to care that they're on the property. When I got to Fedex, I couldn't believe they didn't even have a list!! If those 17 were at UAL, they would dread coming to work (as it should be.)

Now if i may....... i am not totally schooled on this subject but have a grasp of it. if i am not mistaken was there not hundreds of CAL pilots who crossed the line, should they die too? When another airline undercuts another for their regional routes, and ALPA pilots get laid off or a bad schedule becuase of downsizing, isn't that scabbing, but sanctioned by aLPa because its done by another ALPA carrier??????/ Think about it buddy. I once while a new hire was told that during a pending strike I and my other class mates were instructed to still come to work and finish training, but not, repeat not conduct a revenue flight. That is what was said, and in the back of the union meeting a few were saying that they would slash tires of anyone coming to the training center................anyone. Knowing full well we were instructed to be there, by our union. to that I said anyone slashing my tires would lose thier medical......and maybe the ability to function as a normal person because of the beating i would give him. It never happened, but i assure you, i would have stopped at nothing to hurt him.

that said, police ALPA and its double standard before you knock someone for making a decision to make a living for his or her family.

PS can anyone tell me where this list is??????

Would it be O.K. if I held out a tip jar, or my hat, after a flight?

"How did you like the landing, Sir?"

"Did you feel how smooth I pulled up to the gate, Sir?"

wow!

All I can say is, wow. It only took about 20 threads for this tool to re-direct this thread towards another SCAB problem. It only took me a few seconds to figure out you were a prior military fighter-type guy. I bet your a ball to work with.

You may want to take your frustrations out with your company's union about your company's problems.

Latest resources

Back