• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rough times at United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TIP is for good service and per-diem is for food and entertainment, not required to tip anyone if the service is crap, and not tipping is the only way to get that message across

- The company requires me to take a van to the hotel
- they company require me to stay at this hotel
- the company makes the arrangements with the hotels (for the cheapest deals probably)
- the company demands what times I have to rest/sleep
- the company arranges for transportation
- I agreed with my company to my employment terms which do NOT include
tipping the van drivers 8 -10 times pr week (assuming 4-5 overnights).

- the van driver is employed by the hotel or some other transportation service
- the van driver agreed to his employment terms
- like the previous post said. It should not be the flight crew but the company that should make sure the van driver is paid properly and not
put that extra "requirement" on the crew.

Ok - I'm open for attacks now......

The only thing missing in your comment is the requirement for him to give up 35% of his earnings, add five years to his expected tenure and then give him 50% of his B-fund all while asking him to work an extra four hours per day.

Good thing you are on the side of labor my friend - you certainly could be a very strong asset to management.

The key to this whole issue is longer layovers, more pay and an 8-hour drinking rule! Suddenly things become more tolerable. Hmm - who would have known?

XYV

I didn't "join" an airline. I was hired by a successful company with great pay/benefits. So, the fact that less than 1% of the pilots at Fedex have shown they have no principles means I should blow off that opportunity? Yeah, I guess the other 4862 pilots who didn't scab should quit on principle. :rolleyes:

Nobody is suggesting that the 4500+ fdx pilots should quit OR that you should not have accepted being "hired" at the aforementioned...its just that your high-handedness reveals that you were faced with a choice of not going to FDX out of honorable principle (whether there is one scab or 100...its still a company that has knowingly employed them) OR accepeting the position because of the financial and career ramifications had you not...you chose the dollar as we all would have...just relax on the pontification and preaching...why don't cha...

fv

Why tip the driver if you have to wait on the curb for 20-30 min on an 8hr overnight? Tipping should be for going "above and beyond" your normal duties.
If the van is waiting and the driver puts you bags in the back, they get a tip. If we wait for the driver to show up, or sits in the van while you load your own bags, no tip. If they track your flight on the internet to determine you arrival time, they might get an extra tip for being smart.

AMEN!

WTF is your problem? I am a ball to work with as long as you're not a scab. All I did was bring up the possibility that the UAL pilot, who was the subject of this first post in this thread, might have been a scab. In my experience there, most of the pilots who pulled that kind of crap or some other questionable behavior, ended up being on the scab list. The guy who started the thread wasn't looking to generate a "should we tip or not" discussion. Seemed to me he wanted to throw an indictment toward all UAL pilots just because one idiot stiffed the van driver.

So, the real problem is you have a problem with "prior military fighter pilots". What are you, another frustrated FAIP with a bad attitude? Should have done a little better at UPT - that ain't my fault, Napoleon.

BTW - "threads" are the groups of "posts" on FI. This one is titled "Rough times at United". So, it took 20 "posts" for me to turn the "thread" toward scabs. When you make a statement like, “I'll bet you are a ball to work with” - and you choose to shorten it with a contraction, the "you" and the "are" go together to make "you're" - not "your".

Have a nice day, little man.

With all of these nice union tactics...Threats of slashing tires, checking one's scab lists etc, I think JetBlue is a great place to work without a union! BTW, why don't you take your posts to the "Cargo" section and save us all from reading your hateful threads. YOU'RE not having a nice day.

Tipping is for good, prompt service. Give up that buck when it's deserved and tip extra on holidays.

Last edited:
WTF??? over what airline doesnt have a scab working at it???? Im suppose to not work anywhere a scab is employed?? CAL would be liquidated tomorrow if that was the case... they are everywhere and im sure all of them have great reasons for crossing the line, fact is they crossed, no reason is a good reason to buddy F--- your brothers.... take a second mortgage, use cash advances on credit cards... live within your means... refi and cash out on the house... we all have means to make ends meet when faced with adversity, there is no excuse!!!!! period for crossing a line!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, we'll go to our overnight and drink $20 worth of beer, maybe more and maybe less, but $1 each way for maybe 5 trips a month is $10!!! How cheap have we all become? Give the van driver that danm dollar!

Latest resources

Back