Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYLAWYER

Saving Pilot Certificates
Just trying to gage what most pilots do when ordering room service. I always tip, however, recently I noticed the small print (17% service charge, 2 dollar in room dining fee) and am beginning to feel that the tip is already there with this bs 17% service charge and additional 2 dollar fee. I know its always better to order down and go pick it up, but when you just don't feel like it are most of you guys/gals out there tipping in addition to these fees like I am?

The "service charge" IS the tip, nothing additional required or expected; you've been making some servers very happy.

Just trying to gage what most pilots do when ordering room service. I always tip, however, recently I noticed the small print (17% service charge, 2 dollar in room dining fee) and am beginning to feel that the tip is already there with this bs 17% service charge and additional 2 dollar fee. I know its always better to order down and go pick it up, but when you just don't feel like it are most of you guys/gals out there tipping in addition to these fees like I am?

I did the same thing the first few years, then realized that it did indeed already include a more than typical tip...that's when I stopped giving away money. I still always check the room service menu to see that is the case for each individual hotel...and it always seems to be.

Are you hiring? I don't make enough to order room service!

In Europe where they have the service-included system it is customary to round up the bill and leave the change to show your appreciation.

Hammer, I hope that things improve for you in the near future. No professional pilot should have to rely on their per diem to pay bills. Yes, I do know that's not what it's for but the reality is that it does happen that way. And that's flat out wrong that frac pilots have to do that...:mad:

I wish I had your problems. :0

I order room service a couple of times a tour. Whether it be getting in late or for a variety of reasons. The service charge has been there for a long time and I don't agree with it. If they are going to charge me a delivery fee then call it that but don't try and hide it in the bill. I won't tip ontop of that.

Interesting NJW was able to interject into this thread too.

Latest resources

Back