• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rolling Rest Flexjet Pilot Alert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doyle, that is wrong! He had every right to ground it in MMSD. He was wrong. Does mx pressure you into taking a broke airplane?Not me!! If it cant be differed, not going. Rule of life!This one is black and white, pilot pulls a stupid out of his a$$ and gets fired! No one has talked about the fact it was his last day, and he was starting his vacation. Funny how many airplanes will only break in addison.

Well, did you know that they only fired him AFTER he made a phone call to the FAA?? up to that point, they didn't care about him flying with the engines a quart low and the other problem that was going on. He WAS "wrong" to fly with the discrepancy but, he didn't hear ANYTHING until that call was made. They are pissed that he called them and they were gonna get their revenge, plain and simple.

I've flown with a lot of captains and never came across one that turned his phone off. nobody does that here. And I dont believe anybody here on FLIFO when they say they do. You might talk tough and say that you do, but unless you post on the BlueBelly and say "I turn my phone off" I think you're full of it.

The only way to get it fixed is if we all agree to do it. If one guy turns his phone off, and they try to call him, he'll get called into the office. If he is on the naughty list, he could get fired. I can name one 45 driver that got called early on a day when there were no flight assignments, said fatigued, then ended up in the chief pilots office.

the company gets away with it because so many people put up with it.

Last edited:
Montoya, Call your ACP and ask him what the rest rules are.

Find out when you're required to answer the phone after an "in rest at 1700 lcl" assignment.

I've already had it explained to me but most people don't believe my answer.

The same question has been posted on the blue belly so it shouldn't you on anyone's radar. Make the call.

I know what the ACPs say. That is what they are required to say. Show me a pilot that turns off his phone, and was tried to be contacted by the company during rest, didn't answer, caused a schedule change, and did NOT get in trouble. I know only of pilots that DID get called into the office for "not planning their rest better."

I really don't see DG giving us the rules that netjets has. He'll say that our business is just too dynamic to set things in stone. He might be right but, I think netjets can get away with it because they seem to have alot of people sitting around FBO's just waiting to do something; we don't.

I wish they would just put it in writing that there can be absolutely NO CONTACT, electronic or verbal, for AT LEAST 10 HOURS. That IS what we're talking about here.

I do agree that these 2am wake up calls are getting out of hand. There is one excuse to be called at 2 in the morning, and that is POOR PLANNING by the company. I think the rule should be that if you are contacted prior to 4am local, there should be a 10 duty limit followed by a 14 hour rest period. Will they go for this?? Maybe??

All this, however, is a pipe dream at this point and, the only way to get true rest rules is via the union.

It's my understanding that our rest rules will change for the better in short order. A little birdie told me that the FAA has strongly suggested we take a proactive stance in regards to it.

BTW, we have a rest proposal sitting on the desk of those above my paygrade in the crystal palace. We contracted a company to come up with it, and suprise, surpirse, it's very much like what NJ's is doing.

It's my understanding that our rest rules will change for the better in short order. A little birdie told me that the FAA has strongly suggested we take a proactive stance in regards to it.

BTW, we have a rest proposal sitting on the desk of those above my paygrade in the crystal palace. We contracted a company to come up with it, and suprise, surpirse, it's very much like what NJ's is doing.

I would guess increased hiring and upgrades will follow.

I too have heard the little birdie rumour. Not sure about rumours though. But I hope it is true.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back