• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJet Q400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Piedmont FO's already make more than the 170/175s, so their Q rates better be significantly higher than that...which would be real funny to me.

I thought Skywest was going to fly the Q's for United? Some of those may head off to DEN like the Lynx planes. Maybe they'll do Aspen (ASE) also? Bummer.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
These airplanes should have just disappeared from the US market altogether... What a joke. The -400's will be the straw that finally bankrupts Republic.

These airplanes should have just disappeared from the US market altogether... What a joke. The -400's will be the straw that finally bankrupts Republic.

So lets look at some facts here. RAH has Bought 2 failing airlines which they have consolidated into 1 money losing airline (yes this fact depends on what side of the fence you are on). They were the u.s. launch customer for the 170. Operated a small fleet of crj's for a couple of years. Operating with a very angry pilot group 7 years out of a contract. All of this hasn't even come close to bankrupting RAH. Yet you think 32 Q-400's that United is floating the fuel bill for will bankrupt RAH. For some reason I think you are very mistaken.

So lets look at some facts here.

They were the u.s. launch customer for the 170.

So who was MidAtlantic? And why are MD/MA still on those tails? Let's look at other facts: the earth is flat, and a sundial pulls a shadow out of the ground because it is tied to the sun with an invisible chain.

If you're gonna do it, go full retard.

Hey Sig...

What came first? The 170's that United had the Chautauqua certificate flying (yes I did say Chautauqua) or Mid Atlantic?

I think he was right.....Retard

Hey Sig...

What came first? The 170's that United had the Chautauqua certificate flying (yes I did say Chautauqua) or Mid Atlantic?

I think he was right.....

MidAtlantic was operating E170s a couple months before Chautauqua was.

I know, because I was a CHQ intern that summer who helped write the initial CHQ E170 manuals, which were damn near word-for-word copies for the MDA manuals with Chautauqua headers.

Last edited:
Midatlantic was operating E170s before Chautauqua was.

I know, because I was a CHQ intern that summer who helped write the initial CHQ E170 manuals, which were damn near word-for-word copies for the MDA manuals with Chautauqua headers.

I also remember the entire CHQ training department taking a 'field trip' one day from the Production Drive schoolhouse in IND over to look at the very first MDA E170 to fly into Indianapolis.

SUP, Papa Lima?

Yessir, Mathews. That's the point I was making. Here's a factoid: what was mgt going to do to the seniority list about that time?

I only know because I fly with the first CP hired to run the new shell called Republic. Boiler up will almost certainly know who that was, and what I'm talking about.

Where will the Q400s operate from? Still from EWR? I had heard a rumor they would be used out of ORD - true or false?

Having also flown on the Q400 as a pax, I thought it was a great ride.

Latest resources

Back