Right seat time building?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Un-freaking-believable.

I guess I'm just a sucker for actually paying for and flying my hours.

Back to the original question by NJAowner.

I used to only fly the empty legs from the left seat. But no the ferry flights are few and far between, so I now fly more pax flights from the right seat.

I have over 16 yrs of airline flying. 13 yrs as PIC. and well over 17,000 hours. Most of the captains I fly with have less then 10,000 hours(probably closer to 7000 hours). But this industry is ruled by seniority, not experience.

Back to the original question by NJAowner.

I used to only fly the empty legs from the left seat. But no the ferry flights are few and far between, so I now fly more pax flights from the right seat.

I have over 16 yrs of airline flying. 13 yrs as PIC. and well over 17,000 hours. Most of the captains I fly with have less then 10,000 hours(probably closer to 7000 hours). But this industry is ruled by seniority, not experience.

Another chance to brag about how many thousands of hours and type ratings you have.:rolleyes:
Unfortunately for your bruised ego, you exist in a union, time to get over your bad luck.

No, just trying to help clarify a question from an owner.

Rightttttttttt, :erm: your posts drip of contempt for most of the folks you fly with.
So, I guess you're concerned with CRM when you ask the captains you fly with how many hours they have, and you of course tell them you're gathering data to post on the internet on an anonymous messageboard.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
But I do not log any PIC time unless I'm, well, the PIC. I do not think I'll have any trouble explaining that theory to anyone be it an interview or FAA (not that the FAA cares).

Well, I only log PIC time if my tie is on and my shoes have a decent shine.

You're right to imply the FAA wouldn't care. You have an ATP! Those flight time logging rules apply towards showing you meet the experience required to apply for a higher ceritficate or rating. Remember the cross country flights you did prior to your private that didn't count as cross country flights but did when you were persuing your commercial or your ATP?

If a prospective employer chooses not to salute that flag, (and I don't know why they would) that's their prerogative.
That's why they have you fill out an application (according to their rules) instead of showing up with a logbook

Latest resources

Back