• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riddle and bridge agreements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember one really long month at ACA with a 300hr wonder who did nothing but bitch about how he got screwed by having to fly the J41. He felt he deserved to fly the CRJ since he had all of that Riddle "experience". And of course...he couldn't fly the J41 worth a sh*t. Tool.

Pretty sure I knew who that was... he was notorious at ACA! :laugh:

And yes, we Junkstream drivers were tops (esp. the 32!)

My favorite subject when it comes to riddle guys is CRM. Either way, they f' it up. If they prattle on and display their talent for knowing everything, the captain does one of two things; he either tunes them out because he can't stand listening to their bullsh!t, "Hey, look over there, that storm has reached the dissipating stage as evidenced by the by the downdraft and precip intensity at the ground weakening." Net CRM result? Completely shot. OR, the captain, after days of listening to the riddle 'tard prattle on about stupid stuff screams at them and they tune out, "New altimeter setting is two-niner-niner-niner (up from 29.98), pressure is rising, winds should be more pronounced from our right." (to which the captain screams "SHUT THE F' UP!".) Net CRM result? Completely shot.

So, the moral of the story? CRM with a riddle guy is a lot like a good case of the squirts, a painfully straining experience.

Last edited:
And where are they going to find all these 1000 hour plus pilots? They don't exist! They may be able to find some for a while but by next year, we will be back to 500 hours or less. Because as we all know, in this country, management won't pay higher salaries to attract labor. That process is only used to attract management types.

What ever happened to working to build experience to work for the airlines? Just because you have a commercial license doesn't mean it's a ticket to the airlines. I flight instructed for over 3 years when I was going through college. By the time I graduated college I had 2300 total and 275 multi. I had more time than nearly all the captains that were upgrading at the time when I got hired at the regional airlines.

There are ways to build time...you just have to put in the effort. It's called working for something.

My favorite subject when it comes to riddle guys is CRM. Either way, they f' it up. If they prattle on and display their talent for knowing everything, the captain does one of two things; he either tunes them out because he can't stand listening to their bullsh!t, "Hey, look over there, that storm has reached the dissipating stage as evidenced by the by the downdraft and precip intensity at the ground weakening." Net CRM result? Completely shot. OR, the captain, after days of listening to the riddle 'tard prattle on about stupid stuff screams at them and they tune out, "New altimeter setting is two-niner-niner-niner (up from 29.98), pressure is rising, winds should be more pronounced from our right." (to which the captain screams "SHUT THE F' UP!".) Net CRM result? Completely shot.

So, the moral of the story? CRM with a riddle guy is a lot like a good case of the squirts, a painfully straining experience.

Oh, and by the way, of course it's not me, it's always them! :rolleyes:

Let's do the approach briefing and as an added bonus we will conclude with a taxi into the gate briefing. (pretend like we are flying the riddle diddle 747)

Wasn’t a law passed that said you need 1500TT or 800TT from some approved program that they haven’t made yet?

Latest resources

Back