• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riddle and bridge agreements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that the bridge to nowhere they were talking about??????

I'll never forget a riddle diddle in my 121 class who asked the instructor about how to get clearance when there's no clearance delivery at an airport. (no clearance frequency)

What? No more 600 hr wonder pilots? Oh no, what will we all do?!?

600?! HA! I flew with guys with less then that on the A T Rah in the old days.

Oh god...I just said old days. I haven't been doin this that long I don't think.

Anyone know if Riddle still has those bridge agreements with certain regionals like they did in the past?

Sir...aside from our sarcasm about the ole "300 hour wonders"...I'll attempt a serious answer for you.

I don't think we'll ever see a low time pilot...less than 1000hrs...flying a Transport Catagory ship anymore. This is due to the fallout after the Colgan Q400 crash. There were MANY times I felt "single pilot" as a young Captain at ASA when I flew with some of those "wonder" boys. It wasn't just being a good stick...there basic airline-world skills or instincts that weren't there yet...and just pure maturity as a human and professional pilot. Only very few of them were really 'ready' for it when they came on line.

So...that being said. Unfortunately, those awesome opportunities are gone I believe.

I started flying a Metro III (cargo) in '98 and I barely had 240hrs. Thinking back...no way was I ready for that. A year later I started ASA on the ATR with 860 TT and 640 SIC in that tube called the Metro. I was much better prepared after flying the sewer pipe.

ah well...bottom line...who the hell knows what the future will hold with this issue. But I just don't see pilots with low hours in airlines like before.

Sir...aside from our sarcasm about the ole "300 hour wonders"...I'll attempt a serious answer for you.

I don't think we'll ever see a low time pilot...less than 1000hrs...flying a Transport Catagory ship anymore. This is due to the fallout after the Colgan Q400 crash. There were MANY times I felt "single pilot" as a young Captain at ASA when I flew with some of those "wonder" boys. It wasn't just being a good stick...there basic airline-world skills or instincts that weren't there yet...and just pure maturity as a human and professional pilot. Only very few of them were really 'ready' for it when they came on line.

So...that being said. Unfortunately, those awesome opportunities are gone I believe.

I started flying a Metro III (cargo) in '98 and I barely had 240hrs. Thinking back...no way was I ready for that. A year later I started ASA on the ATR with 860 TT and 640 SIC in that tube called the Metro. I was much better prepared after flying the sewer pipe.

ah well...bottom line...who the hell knows what the future will hold with this issue. But I just don't see pilots with low hours in airlines like before.

You didn't go to Riddle though.

Someone told me "new pilot starts" were down 80% at Empty Nipple last year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back