• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rewriting Log Book????!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To be helpful I will say this... if your husband wants he can simply find the errors in the orginial logbook and create a one line entry at the end that provides the corrections. Like this:

5/10/04 ERROR CORRECTION Total Time -0.3 Single Engine +1.1 Instrument -0.9 and so on and so forth...

No airline is going to go crazy about errors unless they find them and you didn't know about them. If he finds the errors and corrects them in advance of the interview, even if he makes an entry listing those corrections because he obviously can't go back and fix them that is totally fine. The key is he finds and corrects the errors himself before the interview, even if in the process the logbook indicates on the last page those error corrections.

I can't imagine how your husband must feel if he would read your many posts. We are all willing to help and many on this board are in his exact situation. Reading some of your posts makes me count my blessings, both in career luck, as well as a wife who stands behind me 100% no matter how bad it gets.

Seems a waste of time for your husband to spend 18 hours rewriting a logbook. Didn't I read that he had 1500 hours or so? I recently entered about 3500 hours into LogbookPro, an electronic logbook, in less than half that time.

Maybe you should go invest in an electronic logbook program. If he is making errors in his written logbook now, he'll probably make more mistakes in the future. If you want to avoid the extra work, some preventative maintenance now might do the trick.

Look Lady,

You want to help your husband? Divorce him, move to another part of the country and don't contact him again, ever. He'll be much happier withour your neurotic bitching.

He's screwed. Don't even go to the interview. Get out of aviation. Declare bankruptcy. Crash airplane for insurance to pay off obscene flight training bills. Move to Honduras, grow 'cash' crop.

Logbooks don't win interviews, interviewing skills do.

Rewriting the log book

pilotswife said:
Well here we are a day before the interview and he is rewriting his entire log book.....(he has been at it for 18+ hours)
Correcting math and logging errors here and there is one thing, but he shouldn't rewrite the entire book.

A logbook laden with multicolored inks and whiteout/greenout is one thing, but too pat a logbook is just as bad. The time may be all legit, but if it all looks like it was written by a single pen in one sitting the logbook could give a very strong impression of padding and other forms of P-51 logbook shenanigans. Most everyone has logbooks written in different colored inks and with some corrections. The long and short of it, of course, is a freshly-written logbook could kill your husband at the interview as opposed to one with several different handwritings and inks.

Hope this isn't too late. He should correct whatever math and logging errors in his logbook and take it, as is, to his interview.

Wish him good luck from me with his interview.

Last edited:
A Squared said:
Look Lady,

You want to help your husband? Divorce him, move to another part of the country and don't contact him again, ever. He'll be much happier withour your neurotic bitching.

AMEN! I normally don’t say anything but Christ lady go find a waitress board or something.

AMEN PART II

3 5 0

it is like what the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**? This would drive me insane

Here you go...

Ok, here's the fix. saabcaptain and bobbysamd pretty much hit the nail on the head but here's my 2 cents. Assuming he went out and bought a new logbook and he's just copying all the old entries into the new one, minus all the signatures of course, Scrap it. What I mean by scrap it is that don't copy everything into a new logbook. Others above suggested that you make one entry at the next line in your current logbook. That's exactly what I would do. Take a scratch piece of paper, add up or subtract the corrections you need and just make ONE ENTRY in the next line available in your current logbook. That's it. No need to sit and write for 18 hours. That's just insane. An airline would be more suspicious if you showed up with a logbook with no signatures at all, instead of a logbook that you had to make a few corrections in. If you do all your training in the civilian world, your logbook is supposed to have a sh!tload of signatures at the beginning. Airlines expect to see those signatures. If you show up to an interview without those signatures, it'll look very suspicious. Plus, with all the b!tching that you're doing I would probably leave you. With that attitude, you'd drive me to do it. Sheesh!

Last edited:
OK, Thank you guys you've cheered me up

To all who posted decent advice- thank you!

To those who made me laugh- thank you too!!!

I love the posts where you called me "Lady"- :)

let you know tomorrow if he got the J O B!

cheers!

pilotswife
(isn't every girl entitled to a bad day every once in a while- I've read many posts where you guys bitch just as hard as we girls!)

Latest resources

Back