Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotswife

Hi All,

So here is the scoop....I am one p*ssed off wife this lovely morning...

I have struggled with the dear husband for over five years now, (75k in flight training , selling everything we own incl. house to finance training and the purchase of a plane, raising the kids, working as a FA full time)

He got called last week from his top pick airline for an interview,
so over the weekend a Captain friend of his went through his log books and found many errors that carried over into his new book...

Well here we are a day before the interview and he is rewriting his entire log book.....(he has been at it for 18+ hours)

I am soooooooooo mad, for years I have been telling him "this log book is gold to you and you have to be meticulous with it...." now I don't even think he has a chance at getting the job with a rewritten log book...

All of the hours are legitimate, but here I am ready for a divorce because of his stupidity,,,,,,,,,,,need I say more

Do you any of you think he has a chance passsing the interview with a rewritten book??????

pilotswife

I don't see a problem, so long as he doesn't have to obtain a lot of CFI signatures.

he won't have a problem... except perhaps from an unsupportive wife. you must be driving him nuts, your posts over the last few years on this board sure have been driving me insane.

If it is just totaling up the numbers at the end of the page, you won't need to worry. Everyone screws up once and a while.

If the hours are legit and he can recreate how they were logged, he should be fine.

I love driving pilots insane!!!

Saab captain,

Why do you think I became a FA in the first place??????

To drive you all insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the dam divorce!

it's starting to sound like a broken record.... sorry, but make a choice and stick with it.

It'd be soo nice to have a wife like you, that with the least thing that i would do wrong you start throwing the divorce word around...... time to move on????

pilotswife said:
I have struggled with the dear husband for over five years now, (75k in flight training , selling everything we own incl. house to finance training and the purchase of a plane, raising the kids, working as a FA full time)
What training program costs 75k? Am I the only one that thinks that is an outrageous amount of money--did he learn to fly in a 737?

:confused:

Last edited:
75k- it ain't cheap

75k ridiculous isn't it???

44k to go from private, instr, multi
another 15K for commercial, mei, cfii
and 15K for housing for a year....
it sure adds up

75k- it ain't cheap

75k ridiculous isn't it???

44k to go from private, instr, multi
another 15K for commercial, mei, cfii
and 15K for housing for a year....
it sure adds up

actually it was probably more than 75k if you add in all the examiners fees :)

Interesting, we get SEL + MEL commercial and CFI for ~$25k here. It raises to ~$30k if you want to do your instrament and MEL commercial and then get your SEL commercial add on but you end up with ~100 hrs multi.

Latest resources

Back