• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rewriting Log Book????!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the good lord knows i'm not a political analyist, but here's my take on women like you...kill your self...we'd all be better off without you...

Linky

^^^funny sh!t^^^:D

In my new logbook I have every single entry with the exact same kind of pen, except for 1 signiture that was made in the back for the logging of ground instruction.

My old logbook (first one) has all kinds of ink in it. This second one is just a continuation, not a rewrite.

Should I be using different ink every so often? I don't want it to look like it was rewritten or padded.

~wheelsup

Funny thing is that i don't have any signatures in my logbook.....

I don't see why that would cause any raised eyebrows....:rolleyes:

The airline's main concern is if it looks like you just got a new logbook and gave yourself 250 hours of extra time so you meet ABC Airlines minimum flight time requirements.

Does all the writing look the same from entry to entry? Does another person make an entry every once and a while or so (say another CFI or whatnot)? Is it the exact same pen, not just a generic black pen? Are some of the entries rushed and sloppy penminship and others have perfect letters and look like there was some time taken? Does the logbook look like it has been used for actually logging time over a matter of months/years?

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it if you are not padding your logbook. It's one of those things that you don't think about until you actually see it done and then it sends up immediate 'somethings wrong here' flags.

I use an excell spreadsheet and print it out once i have a page filled up. Looks a lot better than my crappy handwriting!!

Never een crossed my mind about somebody padding their logbook... i guess if you just barely have the minimums for the job and you all of the sudden logged a lot of time that might send up some flags... I don't think you need to be that paranoid though, they'll see straight through any padding during your simulator evaluation.

Eeeeek!

I have used the exact same pen to log the last 3000-3500hrs of flight time... I keep it with my logbook so it is consistent.

I guess I'm doomed. :)

Hawker, if you rewrite your logbook you can pad your hours for the last few years. Adding .2 to every flight adds up over the last 1000 flights.

Latest resources

Back