• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rev Bedford's Sunday School Lesson To RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't remember seeing in the memo that it said agree with my viewpoint or you're fired, or anything to that effect. He only asked that people consider his point of view. Bedford is just taking a stand on something that he feels strongly about. I admire him for doing this in the face of a rabid politically correct social culture.

You sir, are a moron. If you believe that there's no consequence or pressure applied to Bedford's underlings by an obvious attempt to preach "what's right," you are sadly mistaken.

It's even happening here. Everyone feels pressure to pipe up and say "yeah, he's right".. and join the club. Everyone wants to be accepted, especially in the workplace. When CEOs start spouting these obviously personal and unprofessional memos, it creates pressure for those who may not subscribe to his personal beliefs.

Whether you agree with him or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with the airline workplace, and by extension, company memos.

Whether you agree with him or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with the airline workplace, and by extension, company memos.

Where does it say that this is a company memo? It's certainly not required reading. If you have a problem with it, don't read it - that's your right.

This was a year ago, why is it back on this board?

What would you guys btch about if there was nothing to btch about?

Last edited:
Name calling is not necessary. You had a valid point without calling me a moron. I could see how if you work directly under a person who has strong opinions, and they constantly voiced them while around you, you might feel pressured to act like you agree with them. If this is the way Bedford actually acts, then I apologize. All I meant to say is that I didn't see any threatening language in his weekly letter to his employees. He does this weekly letter on a voluntary basis, by the way, and it is not required company reading.

Im surprised this Bedford guy doesnt get charged with harassment, seriously.

Name calling is not necessary. You had a valid point without calling me a moron. I could see how if you work directly under a person who has strong opinions, and they constantly voiced them while around you, you might feel pressured to act like you agree with them. If this is the way Bedford actually acts, then I apologize. All I meant to say is that I didn't see any threatening language in his weekly letter to his employees. He does this weekly letter on a voluntary basis, by the way, and it is not required company reading.

Sorry about that. I dont know how something stuffed in your V-file could be considered "voluntary." Please correct me if this is not the delivery method.

Anyone know how these messages are delivered?

They aren't stuffed in my V-file. The only place I see his weekly letter is on the company website, and unlike most of the memos on the company website, it is NOT required reading.

I could never work somewhere run by a guy who thinks it's OK to drop his personal (not professional) opinions on employees like so many turds.

If you do a full accounting, you will find we are running one abortion short. Do they allow it in the 180th trimester?

Last edited:
They aren't stuffed in my V-file. The only place I see his weekly letter is on the company website, and unlike most of the memos on the company website, it is NOT required reading.

How are "mandatory" memos distinguished from "non-mandatory" memos?

Latest resources

Back