• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retirement #'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful who you place the BLAME GAME on!

not to mention if someone at a Regional has 10+ years they were NOT able to be hired at a Major......

How about this scenario. I never applied. After having enough of you arrogant bastards on my jumpseat I decided I didn't want to fly with you. Oh and by the way I'm not bitter about not being hired. Remember, I never applied. I just don't like you prima donnas.

I think it would be funny if the whole industry went tits up. Wait, It already did! Unlike most of you I didn't put all my eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are a little bitter. I was flying for a top tier major way before I even turned 30

Sounds like you are a little bitter. I was flying for a top tier major way before I even turned 30

No, I'm not bitter. As you can see I don't spend much time on here. Only 31 posts since 2002. I just don't like arrogant people. Most of you major guys think you are entitled or something. You all sound like a bunch of school children pointing fingers. It's economics my friend. Stop blaming everyone else for your lousy career choice. The airlines have taught me to distrust large corporations. I know I will not be in this industry until retirement and that is by choice. I would advise everyone to own their own business or have a backup plan. Don't allow airline management to drive you to ruin.

More importantly though, no one has any professional respect in this industry. I have over 11,000 accident/incident free hours and at this point in my career I can fly just as well as you can. My airline can boast no fatalities due to pilot error. Can your airline? The NTSB cited a malfunctioning propeller as the cause in the two Brasilia crashes with fatalities. I fly for ASA, just a lowly regional in your eyes.

Last edited:
When I got hired in '05 it was 21. I only know this because I was 22 and payed attention to that detail. I was also the 2nd youngest in the class. Glancing at the jobs page now it looks like the min is 20.

http://www.flyasa.com/careers/pilots/

I think SkyWest (ASA) have an age minimum, but most regionals don't. I know that XJT has hired lots of guys who were 18. I know of one who was actually 17 that turned 18 in groundschool and was holding an RJ captain seat before he was 20. The guy had to wait three years to meet the ATP min of 23 to actually upgrade. Lots of 18 year old guys have been hired at regionals.

WoW, Dude,Congrats on such an impressive achievement!
Do you still wipe after you poop or do guys like you stay clean all the time by pinching off a perfect loaf?

No, I'm not bitter. As you can see I don't spend much time on here. Only 31 posts since 2002. I just don't like arrogant people. Most of you major guys think you are entitled or something. You all sound like a bunch of school children pointing fingers. It's economics my friend. Stop blaming everyone else for your lousy career choice. The airlines have taught me to distrust large corporations. I know I will not be in this industry until retirement and that is by choice. I would advise everyone to own their own business or have a backup plan. Don't allow airline management to drive you to ruin.

More importantly though, no one has any professional respect in this industry. I have over 11,000 accident/incident free hours and at this point in my career I can fly just as well as you can. My airline can boast no fatalities due to pilot error. Can your airline? The NTSB cited a malfunctioning propeller as the cause in the two Brasilia crashes with fatalities. I fly for ASA, just a lowly regional in your eyes.

I spent 5 years at ASA - no shortage of arrogant pricks there. But maybe I shouldn't be so quick to stereotype a whole group...

Psst Psst. Time to wake from your dream world. There is no way UAL will end up will CAL scope.

How exactly do you think they are going to get that done? Do you not think there are enough pilots out there from both sides that have learned their lesson? I don't even think our MEC will let something get put to vote that alleviates scope.

70 seats are old news, just like 50 seats were several years ago. The company will want 90-100 seats, and I just don't believe that there are enough pilots that are dumb enough to allow that change. The money the company would have to offer to buy the pilot's off on scope has to be much greater than just bringing that size airplane in house.

1400 United guys are on the street right now because of scope relief. Even if every active United pilot could care less about their fellow furloughed pilots, that is also 1400 spots that no longer exist, meaning that most all of the UAL list has been affected by moving 1400 numbers in the wrong direction in terms of relative seniority.

So, since you woke me up from my dream world, why don't you explain youself a little bit more. What is their plan? How are they going to get scope relief? Threaten more furloughs? Threaten to park more airplanes? That is all a bluff, because if they don't get scope relief, and they intend on even attempting to compete with Delta, parking more airplanes is not going to be possible. Yes, the pilots cost the company a lot of money, making us an important factor, but no board of directors is going to sit around and let a CEO make bad business decisions to "punish" the pilots.

Source ?

And, please give us specifics as to exactly who in congress is talking about changing the retirement age.

New York times, wall street journal...they have to cut medicare to fund the new programs, I sh67 you not, read it a couple of weeks ago. Look it up, google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back