Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both please.

The exercise is a bit pointless.

There was a time that I was going to be a wide body Captain (be seniority on a list) for the last 11 years of my career at Brand X. I was going to be #1 for the last 3 years.

Lists mean nothing in a consolidating industry with jobs going to RJs.

I wouldn't read too much into the... honestly. You'll get more happiness out of a 6 pack of Budweiser.

Which list?

Should have been more specific, no that my question is no longer on the same page....

I was looking for a breakdown showing how many guys are retiring each year

like:

(examples of course)

2010 - 75
2011- 120
2012- yada
2013- yada
2014-ya

I don't care if it's just east or west or both, preferably both.
I remember hearing that big numbers would be retiring by 2015, something like 30-40% and was curious if this was really true.
Thx in advance,
Z.

Not sure of the truth, but a vicious rumor has it that EVERY Captain at USAirways, on the A-330/767 is over 60. I understand this is true of both reserve, and line holding captains. I suppose that USAirways is the most senior of the pilot groups?

there are a few that are mid 50's

Since when did you have to be twenty one to get hired at a regional? There was a guy at my regional who was 18 when he was hired 3 years ago. Has there been some sort of rule put in place during the last 3 years requiring people to be 21?

When I got hired in '05 it was 21. I only know this because I was 22 and payed attention to that detail. I was also the 2nd youngest in the class. Glancing at the jobs page now it looks like the min is 20.

http://www.flyasa.com/careers/pilots/

Latest resources

Back