• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retirement #'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any numbers for the cargo carriers w/ retirees and also regional carriers -would they have any numbers to be added to these majors?

One man took it upon himself to sell out the rj's, it was done on his own accord. It was not brought to the pilots and they were not able to vote on it. Also there was thing called, "BANRUPTCY" a process where labor has no leverage. Wasn't CAL the leader of the pack that lobbied the ATSB not to give UAL the loan in 2003 and forced the bankruptcy? Food for thought.

I've said this before and of course didn't get a response. I'm guessing you are talking about Delta. Was Delta in bankruptcy when Comair got its first RJ???

Should have been more specific, no that my question is no longer on the same page....

I was looking for a breakdown showing how many guys are retiring each year

like:

(examples of course)

2010 - 75
2011- 120
2012- yada
2013- yada
2014-ya

I don't care if it's just east or west or both, preferably both.
I remember hearing that big numbers would be retiring by 2015, something like 30-40% and was curious if this was really true.
Thx in advance,
Z.

The "big numbers would be retiring by 2015" or sooner is probably gonna happen on the East side - may I ask why your asking? Does it have to do with something called "Nic"?

Metrojet

The "big numbers would be retiring by 2015" or sooner is probably gonna happen on the East side - may I ask why your asking? Does it have to do with something called "Nic"?

Metrojet

No actually it only has to do with my decisions on giving up a really great home based job to accept a recall to airways. I'm getting more time off than I ever had during the last 20 years of my flying. Now I'm getting an opportunity to do heavy wide-body international flying (if I survive the 76 type that I'm in the middle of.) and have no commute. The icing on the cake is having the company pull surprise stuff like giving me a bunch of xtra days off just prior to training to get stuff situated at home!
I got based out west as a newbie for airways due to the back log of 190 training that was going on and really have no dog in the fight. (FWI I know some really great people on both the West & East sides) Ironically I have more time on furlough with airways than I do working for them! lol :bawling:
(don't know if I should laugh or cry about that!)

Latest resources

Back