• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm getting ready to retire from NW with 28 years of experience and about 25,ooo hours. Is NJA hiring old guys? (I'm 57 and taking an early retirement). When is the current contract up for negotiations?

Just remember you will have to commute to la,dal,cmh,ny,or pbi...or you might already live there. Lots of retired guys here....

Oh my God another NP approach. Circling one at that! Pardner, most guys that are Triple 7 vintage were flying DME ARC approches probably before you soloed. Many of these were in places like Alaska, and the Western US where it's not quite as flat as it is around TEB. If you came from my airline, you were doing range approaches in Alaska as late as 1969. So, I don't what approach you are doing at TEB, it's been done before in much worse conditions. By the way these aircraft didn't have any of them there fancy picture tubes with maps or gee whiz autopilots to work with either.

Hey Spooky, if you notice the exclamation point (!) at the end of my first sentence, you might realize that the blurb is in jest. Blah, Blah. Big deal.. dme arc... flown em. flown AH-1s, goggles, NOE, formation, got chased by Migs all before I saw glass.
Age has nothing to do with it. Most of the retired airline guys I've flown with at NJA are great. Most are excellent pilots. Most don't mind vacuuming or sloggin bags. Occasionally there's one who has the attitude like, "I was flying DME ARC approches probably before you soloed."
Relax Francis!!!

Look just go get a philopeno hooker and relax.

Hey Spooky, if you notice the exclamation point (!) at the end of my first sentence, you might realize that the blurb is in jest. Blah, Blah. Big deal.. dme arc... flown em. flown AH-1s, goggles, NOE, formation, got chased by Migs all before I saw glass.
Age has nothing to do with it. Most of the retired airline guys I've flown with at NJA are great. Most are excellent pilots. Most don't mind vacuuming or sloggin bags. Occasionally there's one who has the attitude like, "I was flying DME ARC approches probably before you soloed."
Relax Francis!!!

So sorry. Left my quad foccles on the desk somewhere. Better check your use of quotation maks the next time though. Now where did I leave that cane I always carry with me?

So sorry. Left my quad foccles on the desk somewhere. Better check your use of quotation maks the next time though. Now where did I leave that cane I always carry with me?

Don't forget the extra O2 tank for high altitude operations and TEX overnights!! :nuts:

Just remember you will have to commute to la,dal,cmh,ny,or pbi...or you might already live there. Lots of retired guys here....
Speaking of commuting, do you NJA guys see any "No Duty" Assignments on your day 1? Or do you always get sent out on the road on your day 1...

Speaking of commuting, do you NJA guys see any "No Duty" Assignments on your day 1? Or do you always get sent out on the road on your day 1...

Duty starts at the airport on Day 1 for your commute or 1st flight if a plane is actually there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back