• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend who's a 777 captain at AA. He's number 9 on the seniority list and is prematurely turning 60. He just submited his application to NetJets and fully expects to follow a host of other AA pilots who have gone there before him.

GV

Just some thought for discussion here. Don't you feel you are taking the place of someone younger trying to get their career started? I'm all about the older guys and their experience but, it doesn't help the little fish at the bottom when you do this. If you're a 777 captain at AA, and you still need to make more money after 30 years, you need a financial advisor, not another job.

Just some thought for discussion here. Don't you feel you are taking the place of someone younger trying to get their career started? I'm all about the older guys and their experience but, it doesn't help the little fish at the bottom when you do this. If you're a 777 captain at AA, and you still need to make more money after 30 years, you need a financial advisor, not another job.

I think that by retiring off of a 777, he is opening the door for a bunch of others to move up and benefit from his departure from the airlines. As far as needing a financial advisor, I am guessing that these retired guys do it more for the flying than the money. They are lucky to have this as a retirement job. Sure beats being the Walmart greeter. Good luck to this retiree and all others.

Or you could think of it as another opening at AA for one of them younger guys to move up from the regionals.

SG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No offense Art, but I've shot more than my share of night, garbage weather, circling approaches here at Netjets. I want the most EXPERIENCED pilots we can hire sitting in my right or left seat. Airline guys suit me just fine.

Don't worry 1 winter of shleping bags in the deicing fluid and the 777 guy won't last long. Most only make it a year or two and then decide its not worth it.

By the way let him know we don't taxi the "american" way. :)

In terms of experienced guys I'll take a regional, charter or corp guy over a 777 at any airline. How does 3 landings a month and fat ILS at each end equate to experience. The poor bastard doing approaches and hand flying all day probably on an apples to apples experience level has the same.

seniority gets you into a 777

And another thing!..... How many 777s do the VOR/DME A approach into TEB?

Uhhhhhh......I give. How many?

Guys, flying is flying. I would think that if he can learn to fly a 777, chances are he can learn how to fly a citation. The one thing that NJs cant teach is atttude.

(how many NJ BBJs do VOR/DME A approaches into TEB?)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back