• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duty ends on your last day prior to 14 hours or midnight when the company delivers you back to your HBA/DOMICILE.

Hell... sometimes you get assigned DUTY FROM HOME and never actually leave your house or get out of your jammies.

My impression of all of our pilots is mixed. But in reference to Retired 121 guys I have a few observations.
1) They all start out very open minded and eager to learn the job 2) they tend to be slow getting the airplane ready, this isn't good or bad but it's the general rule 3) almost all of them have to work for benefits and some have to work for the extra cash 4) quite a few have hearing issues, I'm glad we yunguns learned to protect ours from day one 5) not many have told me personally how long they really plan on staying, some stay and some go, most of them are quiet about it 6) I love having someone that knows the big cities and things to do in them when we actually get enough time off, most recently during an RON in Anchorage his knowledge was very useful:)

Personal notes are: I'm positive the company loves having these short term highly experienced pilots in the cockpit. Strictly because they will not make the big bucks here.

Also watching these guys work for us has made me really understand that it is never in your personal best interest to rely on "the company" to control your retirements. And you better damned well take care of your financial future or you'll be schlepping bags and crap for the rich and famous and their punk ass kids when you're in your 60's. Personally I think I would shoot myself before I work one day past 60 here. But of course by the time I'm 60 I will have 4, 21 day vacations to look forward to. Something these poor 121 guys wont ever have.

I'm all about the older guys and their experience but, it doesn't help the little fish at the bottom when you do this.

TUFF SH*T

Bring em on. Why shouldnt this guy spend his last few years actually enjoying what he always wanted to do.... fly airplanes. All those little fish back at the airline can move up a spot.

NetJets doesnt need little fish.... we need experienced, motivated, good solid pilots who want to be here. And if ol Number 9 wants to be number 3900....

Welcome Aboard

TUFF SH*T

Bring em on. Why shouldnt this guy spend his last few years actually enjoying what he always wanted to do.... fly airplanes. All those little fish back at the airline can move up a spot.

NetJets doesnt need little fish.... we need experienced, motivated, good solid pilots who want to be here. And if ol Number 9 wants to be number 3900....

Welcome Aboard

3,900?? Is that the seniority number after the NJA/NJI seniority list intergration in a few years?? We only have 2,601 as of 11/15/06!!

:eek:

(couldn't resist).

All good remarks!

All great comments.

The retired guys are great! There may be one here and there that is a pill.

Schleping bags? We do it together so nobody gets hurt.

I just made Cpt on the Sovereign (still deployed so it will be awhile til I see it).

It has a ******************** load of baggage space, therefore we work together as a crew.

I've had a great time with the Ex-Airline guys I've flown with (except for Chuck Yeagers "dumber brother" at Flex, and he wasn't a bad guy, just an idiot). They have been in the game for a long time. They are a wealth of knowledge for the young guys that want to go to the big iron.
Great comment about them knowing all the great hangout spots in the cities.

Welcome retired guys!

"4) quite a few have hearing issues, I'm glad we yunguns learned to protect ours from day one"

Keep wearing those ear plugs and hope you have good genetics - course that is not all you will lose thru the years, and there are no ear plugs for that hehe. Old age ain't for sissies.

old*art my panis hasn't grown large enough for me to lose my willy;) Fortunately there is a pill for that though....Probably invented by some chemist in his 80's...

Just stay away from CitationShares...PLEASE. We don't need any spoiled union babies here. Good luck at netjets, though...Kid

Those spoiled union babies are the reason you got a raise..Don't think your mgmt did it out of kindness..And those old union babies are the reason that you don't havr to fly 18 hrs a day and 5 days off. So everyday you should thank a union babies for your good luck. Just remember where you were before CS, Did you trust your mgmt there? Well they all are made from the same cloth..but good luck

P.S. Retired airline guys welcome at NJA..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back