• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Response to JoeMerchant

Bizjet said:
Joe is a waste of time. He and his OLDER grilfriend need to stay out of chief pilot offices in closed door meetings if they are ever going to dig their way out of this turncoat attack against our obtaining a fair contract.

What else do you expect from PFT Joe? He's a turn coat who attacks the CBAs of his fellow ALPA Pilots, lobbied to prevent the hiring of furloughed pilots and is an RJDC supporter (i.e. self serving loser). Did you guys ever think that he wouldn't eventually turn on the ASA pilots in order to pursue his self serving and misguided agenda? Why and how you guys ever elected him is beyond reason.

Bizjet said:
JoeMerchant has done more to harm our pilots than any other pilot. He deserves to be in management and I think he will get an offer for all his assistance in their drive to a concessionary agreement. MW doesn't need an apology from Joe because he has proven himself since he has been back in ALPA. Joe is a waste of time. He and his OLDER grilfriend need to stay out of chief pilot offices in closed door meetings if they are ever going to dig their way out of this turncoat attack against our obtaining a fair contract.

Agreed, Bizjet, except let JB go into management. Who cares!

John, your attack is uncalled for and very mean-spirited. I know you won't apoligize to Mike. I only wish you'd say such trash to his face but of course it's easier for you to hide behind the keyboard like the ************************* you are. I know you don't care, but you have lost any respect from the ASA pilots. Now that's something to be proud of isn't it?

Hoser

FDJ2 said:
Why and how you guys ever elected him is beyond reason.

Unfortunately, JB had name recognition at the time and enough support. Combine that with a very weak turnout for the voting and 112 got a worthless sec/treas. Thank goodness the pilots didn't vote the last minute CA rep. candidate in, LBJ. She resigned from the MEC Vice Chair cuz she was about to get booted, give her a position with a vote and things would have gone down hill quickly.

737 Pylt said:
Why not...You're trying to bankrupt MY union with a multi-million dollar lawsuit, and you haven't been thrown out YET! But when this fruitless suit is finally done with, I will make sure it possible that the likes of you and John merchant are EXPELLED!

But what if they should win? Will they then get to "expell" you or will you just pout and leave of your own volition?

surplus1 said:
But what if they should win? Will they then get to "expell" you or will you just pout and leave of your own volition?

If the RJDC succeeds in destroying the scope clauses of the large network carriers and preventing pilot groups from negotiating scope clauses that limit their employers ability to outsource to the lowest bidder, I can't see any network carrier staying with ALPA. We'd all move on. After all Surplus, you are the one who believes that no pilot group owns their code or can control it.

FDJ2 said:
If the RJDC succeeds in destroying the scope clauses of the large network carriers and preventing pilot groups from negotiating scope clauses that limit their employers ability to outsource to the lowest bidder, I can't see any network carrier staying with ALPA. We'd all move on. After all Surplus, you are the one who believes that no pilot group owns their code or can control it.

I really don’t want to revitalize the old arguments. We’ve beaten the horse to death and neither one of us intends to change his position.

I would however say that, with the very able direction/assistance of the ALPA, the large network carriers have already proven beyond all doubt that they have not only failed to limit the employer’s ability to “outsource to the lowest bidder”, but have also numbered themselves among the very lowest of “bidders” for the very flying they were attempting to prevent. To paraphrase, never before have so few (ALPA leadership and network carrier leadership) done so little for so many (ALPA membership).

That is correct, I do believe that no pilot group “owns” its code or can control it. I did not fail to note that you quoted me earlier.

Perhaps if you would focus on controlling the allocation of your work as opposed to the Company’s “Code” you might have made some progress.

Whatever the union does with your “scope” is fine with me, as long as it does not use my “scope” as the means to achieve your bargaining objectives at my expense.

Sooner or later we will hopefully be able to prevent ALPA’s sponsorship of that modus operandi. If at that point you should decide to take your marbles and “move on”, I would not object. If you think we are “bidding against each other now”, just wait until your exodus is complete. It won’t be pretty.

Keep in mind that none of the “little people” have yet made an attempt to “bid” against you directly; they are busily bidding against each other. In contrast, at least 3-4 of you “network carriers” have been actively “bidding” against the little people. Your may win those bids today and you have, but your victory is Pyrrhic. There are no better examples than the now defunct MDA, the newly created Compass, your own contract and the new and improved AWA/AAA, excelled only by non-union JetBlue.

I congratulate you all on this brilliant “scope strategy”. What will you all “trade” next time you’re in the barrel?

Stop hijacking every thread into an RJDC/Anti-RJDC rant! NONE OF US CARE ANYMORE!!!!

Now, back to bashing JB and LJ... it was getting entertaining.

Latest resources

Back