Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anon

Hey Joe,

Just out of curiosity, did you get a response from the ALPA committee chairman (MW) about his previous strike experience?

I just wondered if he was going to share that information with the rest of us.

JoeMerchant said:
No, not yet. I have a hard time with an ALPA committee chairman who is an Eastern scab and is advocating shutting ASA down.

I have a harder time with you taking the ASA 112 Lec Sec/Treas. position and refusing to do the job. He has since earned respect for his hard work for our pilots and you fool have pi$$ed yours away with your lies and half truths. People who live in glass houses.....

JoeMerchant said:
No, not yet. I have a hard time with an ALPA committee chairman who is an Eastern scab and is advocating shutting ASA down.

He has done more for the pilots of ASA than you have.

Curious if you have had the stones to say anything about this to his face?

Didn't think so.

Coward

No kidding......

Joe, you amuse me to no end. I find it very easy to let pretty much whatever you say just roll off my back, considering it comes from a personal-agenda ridden naysayer whose mission is life is to say, "Hey ALPA, I was right and you were wrong."

Whatever MW did before he came here he has more than made up for by the countless hours of his life he has committed to ALPA committee work. Not just run-of-the-mill committee work, mind you, but committe work that more or less has to be made up as they go along.... I think the man has atoned for his past transgressions.

Tell me Joe, what have you done? Beat your chest and tell me all about how you negotiated the last contract.... Bang up job, d-bag! Thanks so much for the contract language that is so PATHETICALLY weak that I feel exploited pretty much every time I come to work. Since then you've been nothing more than a knee-jerk naysayer. ALPA says the sky is blue, you say green. ALPA puts out a strike vote, you say the sky is falling. All the while, what you really want us to read is, " I told you so. You didn't listen."

Tell me something. If you're so in tune with the reality of the airline world and the precarious position of the regionals, why did DF and KC shut you out over a year ago???

Face it Joe. Your ship sailed long ago. In the meantime, please do one of two things. Either sit there and beat your chest, screaming, "Dammit, I'm right and all you fools are wrong." or do the job YOUR PILOT GROUP elected you to do.

You, sir, are worse than management. In fact, you're worse than the management/ALPA flip-floppers (a la CV and ND). You are out for your self-interests and nothing more. The best part is that EVERYONE knows it!

Go ahead. Lecture me about your expertise. Tell me all about how your real estate ventures have soured and how you desperately need those bi-monthly paychecks just to stay afloat.

What a piece of crap you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone saw the error of his ways and decided on another course, good for him and better for us.

Duane Woerth had cake and ice cream while welcoming Continental's scabs back into ALPA without a penny of back dues. Any talk of one list was killed as part of ALPA National's agenda and today Express Jet is fighting for their flying like all the other "Express" carriers that ALPA feels has no rights to scope.

On the balance, I have a lot of respect for a guy who sees an error and fixes it.

Our union President saw an opportunity by conspiring with Continental Scabs, intentionally undermined the ethical beliefs of our union and chose to take that action.

I am much more concerned about the actions of people I pay with my dues money. I'm much more concerned about things that happened four years ago than twenty years ago.

In MW's case, I'm grateful for the work he chooses to do to improve life here at ASA. He can sit at my table anytime. But, if you see Duane Woerth sit at my table immediately call the Police and call the Hospital. Both services are likely to be needed for one, the other, or both of us.

Last edited:
Dammit, I have a great audio clip of Joe and I can't get the link to work in a post.

:angryfire

~~~^~~~ said:
Duane Woerth had cake and ice cream while welcoming Continental's scabs back into ALPA without a penny of back dues. Any talk of one list was killed as part of ALPA National's agenda and today Express Jet is fighting for their flying like all the other "Express" carriers that ALPA feels has no rights to scope.

Why not...You're trying to bankrupt MY union with a multi-million dollar lawsuit, and you haven't been thrown out YET! But when this fruitless suit is finally done with, I will make sure it possible that the likes of you and John merchant are EXPELLED!

737 Pylt said:
I will make sure it possible that the likes of you and John merchant are EXPELLED! - 737
Why wait? Do it now! Take your best shot there Holmes.

Disagreeing with National is not reason for expulsion. Even being a Plaintiff in a lawsuit fighting the union's failure of its representational duty is not a reason - in fact one of your EVP's brought a DFR case and somehow became an EVP.

I'm pleased to support ALPA, but I wish you luck, if you get me tossed I can use the money.

~~~^~~~ said:
Disagreeing with National is not reason for expulsion. Even being a Plaintiff in a lawsuit fighting the union's failure of its representational duty is not a reason

No, but attempting to circumvent and abrogate the scope clause of the DAL CBA is certainly an Article VIII violation. I can see two claims that could be brought against Ford, Johnny B., and the rest of the RJDC ilk:

ALPA Constitution and By-Laws, Article VIII, Section 1 -

A. Any member (including any Inactive member) may be disciplined, fined, or expelled for any of

the following acts:​

(9) Acting in any manner to circumvent, defeat or interfere with collective bargaining between the
Association and an employer or with existing collective bargaining agreements.
(10) Doing any act contrary to the best interests of the Association or its members.

I'm pleased to support ALPA

You have a strange way of showing it. Supporting a lawsuit that would have bunkrupted the Association (if the judge hadn't thrown out the monetary claims) and decimated all scope language within ALPA CBAs doesn't seem like "support" to me. Perhaps you should volunteer for a committee, or better yet, run for elected office. I hear Chairman Lawson is about to start enjoying retirement. You seem to think you have all the answers, so why not campaign for his spot? That's the real way to support this Association and to right any perceived wrongs. Volunteer and fix things the right way.

What Fins and the RJDC always fail to mention is that their lawsuit would abrogate any meaningful scope at any carrier, because a carrier would be free to outsource all their flying.

Here's a little Q&A from an RJDC supporter.

Can the DAL pilot group, or any pilot group own/control their code?

In a word, NO. The “code” under which your airline operates is not owned by the Delta pilots and it is not controlled by the Delta pilots. The “code” is owned by Delta Air Lines, Inc. and they alone “control” it. The same applies to other “codes” owned by other airlines.

Latest resources

Back