Respected company “Rolls Learjet”

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cactus-741 KCMH

As many know, AirNet Systems has some of the best pilots out there. I have jump seated on them numerous times, and I have great respect for what they do. The training department, is categorically the best out there, no doubt for their type of operation, but as many of you may know by now, recently a crew decided to have a little fun with one of the Learjets and damaged the airplane. I just understand that it was that particular crews last assignment on that route. Id like to know more about that situation (details people details),,, I am typed in the Lear, and I too flew cargo,, but I never quite had the you know whats to roll her over. If any of you out there have ever ferried a company airplane,, weather you actually did it or not,, admit it or not,,,, you know deep down inside you have wanted to have a bit of fun too. The extent of fun I have had in the A319 (91) is trying to make a steep turn onto final at Sky Harbor (Wow) Not much of the daredevil type,,, but as many know the airplane wont give you too much room for fun anyway before the dog bites your hand and tells you sit on them Id love to hear some of your stories of fun you have had in a company airplane. Even war stories that made you have to check your seat when you got on the ground are welcome. And by the way, I hope the crew that had the accident is okay Im sure theyre good pilots,,, and surly hope the FAA takes it easy on them,,, if they were involved. Anyway Id still fly next to any AirNet pilot any day,, that incident doesnt by any stretch lower their rep …….

If any of you out there have ever ferried a company airplane,, weather you actually did it or not,, admit it or not,,,, you know deep down inside you have wanted to have a bit of fun too. Id love to hear some of your stories of fun you have had in a company airplane. Even war stories that made you have to check your seat when you got on the ground are welcome. quote]

Sounds like something a Fed with too much time on his hands would ask.

This one time I didn't call "Positive Rate". The Captain reminded me, then I put the gear up like I usually do.

As many know, AirNet Systems has some of the best pilots out there. I have jump seated on them numerous times, and I have great respect for what they do. The training department, is categorically the best out there, no doubt for their type of operation, but as many of you may know by now, recently a crew decided to have a little fun with one of the Learjets and damaged the airplane. I just understand that it was that particular crews last assignment on that route. Id like to know more about that situation (details people details)...And by the way, I hope the crew that had the accident is okay Im sure theyre good pilots,,, and surly hope the FAA takes it easy on them,,, if they were involved. Anyway Id still fly next to any AirNet pilot any day,, that incident doesnt by any stretch lower their rep …….

It's being handled internally and quite decisively.

I appreciate your positive comments about Airnet. As a Starchecker it's nice to hear such affirmation. However by the nature of this incident I don't think there is anything to be gained or learned by discussing the details in a public forum.

Perhaps the formal reporting processes (NASA, NTSB) will in time provide any details you seek.

Last edited:
I don't hope the fed's go easy on them and I don't feel sorry for the crew at all. I know you may get the urge to have alittle fun, but that's not what these planes where made for, it's not your plane, it ********************s up the equipment, they obviously didn't know what they where doing, it's unsafe, irresponsible and unprofessional. I don't know why people have this idea that rolling an airplane is easy or safe to do in A/C not designed for aerobatics. Your on the clock you shouldn't be screwing around with the equipment like that. If you really want to do aerobatics do it the right way go rent an aerobatic A/C with an instructor trained in aerobatics. There's also alot of people out there that like to talk big and say they've rolled this and they've rolled that, but in reality I doubt hardly any of them have been in more than a 60 deg bank.

yeah, i agree with 600su. i hope that all of us at airnet will just let any report speak for itself. no need to post stuff like this on a public forum. thanks for the positive words about airnet though!

Last edited:
Discipline is a hallmark of a professional. The nastiest debrief I ever gave was in response to looking over my shoulder on a 3 ship redeployment sortie and seeing another IP on my wing doing an aileron roll on an airway.

It never left the debrief, but I think my points were taken to heart.

If I can't trust you--you are worthless to me in combat. If I can't trust you, you are worthless to me as a friend. Discipline=excellence.

Sounds like a pilot with good hands forgot good hands are only part of the equation...

I own a Navion. I've heard more than a few people wink and say "they roll nice..." Well...it ain't certified for aerobatics. Having done 2 owner assisted annuals, I am pretty sure the plane is darn solid and wouldn't hurt it a bit. However--it ain't gonna happen with me in my plane. I've done acro in military trainers and the F15, and if I want to do acro in GA I'll get a plane built for it. Guys who feel compelled to show off eventually kill people, break airplanes, and/or lose jobs. Being undisciplined doesn't make you cool--it makes you an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Those instruments aren't designed for rolls or any other type of beyond gimble operation.

Now, who wants to go shoot an ILS down to mins with a p.o.s. ADI/HSI/etc.

Most people don't let the gyro's spool down before tugging them either. Same results.

AlbieF15 is right Discipline = Excellence.

Oh yeah, like N60OSU said ... this should be a private a$$ whoooooooopin.

If any of you out there have ever ferried a company airplane,, weather you actually did it or not,, admit it or not,,,, you know deep down inside you have wanted to have a bit of fun too. Id love to hear some of your stories of fun you have had in a company airplane. Even war stories that made you have to check your seat when you got on the ground are welcome. quote]

Sounds like something a Fed with too much time on his hands would ask.

Exactly what I was thinking... so here goes. I was flying N69XXX on 12/32/06 when I rolled inverted.... :0

I'd also keep quiet about steep turns on final in an A319. Feds and company might not be happy to hear about that.

BTW... doesn't Airbus logic limit you to 45 degrees with clean wing and 30 with flaps?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back