• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Respected company “Rolls Learjet”

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of good points on here about what an airplane can and can't do. I would have to agree with most of the comments that a company aircraft is not a place to be experimenting with aerobatics. There have been times and places that I've worked that I may have not felt like a professional, but that's what we are. Sometimes we loose sight of that fact. We are professionals paid to to a specific job.

There was a time in my life I may have not had the same opinion. The long term consequences for "having fun" could haunt you forever if and when something goes wrong. For those of you that have flown with me in the past and I know what you are going to say....please see below. :erm:

As for the "war" stories and the "fun on company time"....I believe the correct response to CactusCMH is:

"I have no clear recolection of that at this time sir."

"Congratulations...you obviously survived working for this Bozo. That alone should qualify you for some sort of "Civilian Battle Ribbon" or something."

That's some funny Sh*t! And true too!

How do I apply for the "civilian battle ribbon" and is it appropriate to wear it on the leather jacket or only on the blazer. (Most importantly, do chicks dig it?)

Ahh...the glory of being a freight dog.

(What do you call three vending machines next to each other - a food court)

Last edited:
How do I apply for the "civilian battle ribbon" and is it appropriate to wear it on the leather jacket or only on the blazer. (Most importantly, do chicks dig it?)

Ahh...the glory of being a freight dog.

(What do you call three vending machines next to each other - a food court)

I see you survived the Metro/Merlin and the MU-2, You deserve one...LOL

I got one... last night I did some LUV induced aerobatics. ATC put me too close in trail and I rolled almost 90 degrees and lost 300 feet. Big fun.

Just as a point of fact, the production test pilots at Lear roll them all the time.

Rolling the C-21A (military version of the Lear 35A) in the Air Force was endemic when I flew them. I believe this became part of the C-21 culture because the Lear factory pilots who qualified the initial cadre of Air Force IPs routinely rolled the airplane with them and these first IPs brought the maneuver to the field.

GV

Beech / Hawker test pilots are said to do the same. They say the Beechjet rolls really well, but I am gonna take their word for it. Never been trained to do it, and I am not going to try and figure it out on my own.

Hey GV flyer, how was the XV-15? There can't be many who got a chance to fly it.

I bow to your cool factor.

I heard from a mechanic at airnet that the pic had just gotten hired at Jetride and this was his last flight for airnet and did what the sic called a victory roll. Losing about 10,000 feet before recovering the plane and severly damaging to the the point where it is a total loss. The mechanic said that the horizontal stab was bent, wing spar broken and seemed like the only reason wings did not come off was because the skin was holding them on??? Basically plane was fu**ed up. Someone has gotten to teach this guy how to roll a airplane.

You know, I think the starcheckers wanted to keep that quiet and internal for a reason.

Just a thought.

Latest resources

Back