Reserve Pilot Board Meeting Today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!!!!!!
Off to OTS sometime in NOV. Congrats and thanks to everyone on this site for all the help over the past year.

Word on the street is 58 of 65 were selected.

Last edited:
I got November as well. Anybody else get a November OTS date?

Skyward80

Contrail777... lucky dog. When you mention your age, I assume you are close to the age cut off?

Skyward80

Have any of you guys heard about reserve dudes going to their units to get their uniforms before reporting to OTS? I hear some units buy everything for you so you don't have to pay the $1700 out of pocket when you get to Maxwell. Also, when we graduate OTS do we do caual at our unit or UPT base?

airgator:

My POC told me that I would go to McGuire before OTS (for uniforms, incentive flights, brief orientation, etc.) and go there again after OTS to fill in time until UPT in casual status. I don't know if it's that way for everybody, but that's the way it's gonna go down for me. BTW, when we get to the other end of training, I'll trade you one ride in the KC-10 for a ride in the C-5. ;)

Skyward80

Hey guys congrates, if you would PM me with you AFOQT scores. I want to see if I will be able to compete. I am A little further behind in this long deal. Thanks

SkywayFO:

I don't even remember my AFOQT scores off the top of my head. What I do remember is that they certainly weren't topping the charts. Do the best you can and build a strong overall package. That's what the interview board will be looking at. By the way, if you're new to all these discussions, search the following names for a LOT of useful information: airgator, sonic cruzer, vandal, and myself. I didn't provide much useful info... just asked a lot of dumb questions from those other guys who always seemed to be in the know.

Lata!
Skyward80

October OTS Date...

Contrail777,

I will let you blaze a trail for me and the rest...I start OTS in October. I want to get in touch with you as soon as I finish the island hopping sequence.

Congrats Again!

SkywayFO,

Scores are not everything...My highest scores (Pilot and Nav) were average. However, I did manage a PCSM score in the mid-90's. I think sponsorship played a bigger role in getting selected than test scores. Do not be afraid to ask questions and always follow up on leads.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back